Punch Needle

Old September 14th 03, 10:54 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Default Punch Needle

Too funny! Punch needle goes in and out of regions in the US. Somebody
will go to a craft show, get excited by a sharp salesman, learn how,
become a rep, teach classes and hope to sell lots of needles and yarns.
A woman called me and came over to demonstrate about 8 years ago. She
was SO excited about it. It had gone through the area I had lived about
20 years prior. g And I liked the threads much better then. Don't
know what they have, now, but my needle sits in my sewing drawer.

Punch needle is like chicken scratch. Comes and goes.
Dianne

Tara D wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:39:36 GMT, KCE wrote:

What does everyone think of the punch needle craze? I think the needles
are too high priced, but was wondering if anyone knew if the hobby
stores were going to sell them or not? Just wondering!!

There's a craze? I picked up my first one about 25 years ago, needle
included in the kit.

Tara

Old September 14th 03, 11:24 PM
Jenn Liace

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:39:36 GMT, KCE wrote:

What does everyone think of the punch needle craze? I think the needles
are too high priced, but was wondering if anyone knew if the hobby
stores were going to sell them or not? Just wondering!!

It's BACK? Sheesh, I remember doing punch needle crafts in Girl
Scouts when I was 9 or 10, and I remember going nuts stocking up on
the contents of the clearance bins at Joanns some time later. No idea
what I did with all that stuff, though.

Jenn L.
View My Webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old September 15th 03, 03:29 AM
Caryn

No idea
what I did with all that stuff, though.

I found my grandmother's punch needle mixed in with the various other stitching
stuff my mom put in a box for me after Grandma died.

Still in the baggie I found it in tho! lol

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)