what to do with leftover floss

Old March 4th 12, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default what to do with leftover floss

On 3/3/12 10:09 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 07:16:55 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

On 2012-03-01, Cheryl wrote:
On 3/1/12 8:40 AM,
wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:45:22 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbriKuYG3eo

Interesting to see but I think likely orts in glass sphere is easier
lol

but this looks like more fun.
First I have to find water bombs and starch that isn't in a spray can
(yes, I know I can use white glue)

I'm tempted to do it too. I just need to figure out what to do with them
afterwards since they look similar to a cat toy I need to make sure they
aren't within a cats reach.
-Margaret in MA

hang them from the ceiling

I hope you're not suggesting hanging the cats from the ceiling ???

no - the balls - I know Margret's cats. they're not jumpers of Karen's
cat's ability

Cheryl
Old March 5th 12, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbriKuYG3eo

Interesting to see but I think likely orts in glass sphere is easier
lol

but this looks like more fun.
First I have to find water bombs and starch that isn't in a spray can
(yes, I know I can use white glue)

I'm tempted to do it too. I just need to figure out what to do with them
afterwards since they look similar to a cat toy I need to make sure they
aren't within a cats reach.
-Margaret in MA

hang them from the ceiling

No way on that idea. DH has to be careful around the ceiling fans. Old
house with 7 foot ceilings and 6 foot 3 inch DH. Not goign to attempt to
put anything on the ceiling.
-Margaret in MA
--
Margaret St. John
Old March 5th 12, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2012-03-01, Cheryl wrote:
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbriKuYG3eo

Interesting to see but I think likely orts in glass sphere is easier
lol

but this looks like more fun.
First I have to find water bombs and starch that isn't in a spray can
(yes, I know I can use white glue)

I'm tempted to do it too. I just need to figure out what to do with them
afterwards since they look similar to a cat toy I need to make sure they
aren't within a cats reach.
-Margaret in MA

hang them from the ceiling

No way on that idea. DH has to be careful around the ceiling fans. Old
house with 7 foot ceilings and 6 foot 3 inch DH. Not goign to attempt to
put anything on the ceiling.
-Margaret in MA

Do you ever imperiously yell "Off with his head " ? lol

I should sometime.
-Margaret in MA
--
Margaret St. John
Old March 6th 12, 11:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2012-03-01, Cheryl wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Can I watch???

Old March 8th 12, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 2012-03-01, Cheryl wrote:
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbriKuYG3eo

Interesting to see but I think likely orts in glass sphere is easier
lol

but this looks like more fun.
First I have to find water bombs and starch that isn't in a spray can
(yes, I know I can use white glue)

I'm tempted to do it too. I just need to figure out what to do with them
afterwards since they look similar to a cat toy I need to make sure they
aren't within a cats reach.
-Margaret in MA

hang them from the ceiling

No way on that idea. DH has to be careful around the ceiling fans. Old
house with 7 foot ceilings and 6 foot 3 inch DH. Not goign to attempt to
put anything on the ceiling.
-Margaret in MA

Ah, I still have the vivid memory of 6'5" dad walking into neighbor's
garage light thingie and nearly hitting the deck as she tried to catch him.
Seems to me he got whacked in the head a few times as I was growing up thru
being caught unaware. No ceiling fans in our houses. In my DB's house now,
only in the rooms with the 10' ceilings due to 6'3" DB & 6'8" Dnephew!

Ellice

Old March 8th 12, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 3/4/12 9:26 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 08:38:13 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:
hang them from the ceiling

I hope you're not suggesting hanging the cats from the ceiling ???

no - the balls - I know Margret's cats. they're not jumpers of Karen's
cat's ability

Cheryl

I've always known my cat could get up anywhere but witnessed a feat
the other day - the painters arrived and she was trapped in the
livingroom (she hides under the bed if anyone comes here) and from the
floor to top of cabinet, seemingly effortlessly, that nine pound cat
did it. I just measured it, 85 inches straight up.

However, I don't think I will hang her from the ceiling lol

No, don't do that - though she might enjoy a spinning ride...

Puckster when he was younger definitely gave some truth to the Springer
Spaniel name, as we've seen that boy go straight up, pretty much vertical -
no running leap - well over the 6' fence - to kiss the backyard neighbor who
was standing on something to chat over said fence. Something to see a 65"
dog do that. Now poor thing is at his limit springing right up onto the bed
which is about 32" high. He can still leap higher with a running start, but
that vertical is gone, of course he's nearly 11, and a little heavier.

He'd probably chase the string balls and then get them stuck in his paws or
on a fang!

Ellice

Another Purse, from leftover fabric. John Quilting 8 January 6th 09 03:19 AM
Using leftover fabric. John Quilting 21 March 19th 07 05:43 PM
Want some leftover Eterna? Felice Friese Needlework 3 May 3rd 06 10:07 PM
leftover scraps Helen in MN Quilting 8 November 13th 05 12:52 AM
Floss-Away brand floss bags Seanette Blaylock Needlework 6 February 21st 05 03:49 AM