Christmas eve in the ER and police station

Old December 25th 10, 08:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Christmas eve in the ER and police station

I just got home a little bit ago.

DD1 got clipped by an SUV about a block from her house.
It mostly caught her with the side mirror, which broke off.
She picked it up, walked home, and called me while she was on that
trembling edge between shock and tears.
She was verging on incoherent, so I called her local police who went and
fetched her to the ER. Then scooted on up there myself.

She has a badly, and very deeply, bruised arm, and a broken rib. The rib
is bad enough that they want her back in after the holidays to do another
set of x-rays to make sure it hasn't shifted or started shedding bits and
splinters.
There she is with her arm swollen up to shwarzenegger proportions,
wrapped so tight around her torso she can hardly breathe, and she is
worrying about getting her pies baked! Takes after her mother I think.
(G)

The police think that with the mirror and the color they can probably
track down the SUV if it is local. It likely is local since the weather
has kept more folk from traveling in than usual. She has assured them
that she will press charges. There is not a lot of excuse for hit and
run, and what with the mirror coming off on the driver side they must
have known that they hit her.

For once we are all glad that DGS was with his father. Had he been
walking with her, or on her hip, he would have been outright flattened.

Now I can finish my last minute holiday bits.
Get my pies baked, and the last presents wrapped.
Oh, and start breathing again.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old December 25th 10, 10:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 25/12/10 08:16, NightMist wrote:
[...]

Oh, that sucks Nightmist. I am glad DD1 is mostly OK and that DGS was
not with her at the time. Good for her with the determination to press
charges, I know the police are grateful when victims are willing to go
through the hassle of that, rather than letting it slide.

Enjoy your Holidays and good luck for DD1's rib healing.

Lizzy

Old December 25th 10, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

So glad it wasn't worse! Worse?! It was bad enough.

Simply no excuse whatsoever for hit and run. It shows a cowardice and
selfishness that makes me really mad. There is usually some 'excuse'
like DUI that needs to be covered up. I hope they find them and can
give them their just desserts.

In the meantime, I hope DD1 makes a full recovery and isn't made to
laugh too much, as it will hurt.

Take care,
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old December 25th 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

That's not the best way to spend Christmas Eve, is it? I hope they find
the person who did this to her, and I'm glad to hear she will press
charges. We'll be keeping you and her in our thoughts and prayers.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

Old December 25th 10, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

What a terrible experience for your DD! May she heal quickly and the
driver be prosecuted and 'the book thrown' at him/her. grrrrr!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 25th 10, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

So sorry this happened! Sure hope she will heal quickly.
Barbara in FL

Old December 25th 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is terrible NM. Glad it wasn't worse and her son is safe. Gentle
hugs to you all.
Taria, I do understand pies being a priority though!

Old December 25th 10, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

What a fright you had! A miracle she was not injured worse. How could
anyone just drive off like that -it really makes me angry.
Roberta in D

Old December 25th 10, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

My Other Wings are on their way.

No hugs as that would hurt too much
Butterfly (Try to have a quiet Christmas.we are)

Old December 25th 10, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathyl

On Dec 25, 2:16*am, NightMist wrote:
[...]

I'm glad she's not hurt any worse than she was. That could have been
a disaster. I hope they find the driver and nail him/her. Best
wishes for a speedy recovery for your DD. And also for you!
KJ

New Year's Eve Mystery Quilt [email protected] Quilting 1 December 29th 08 01:26 AM
Christmas Eve pattern by DMC Stef[_2_] Needlework 5 August 29th 08 12:59 AM
Adam and Eve fabric Elly[_2_] Quilting 9 January 27th 08 05:43 PM
Annual All Hallow's Eve Block Swap? Gothikka Quilting 0 August 25th 07 11:41 PM
My 6X6 came just on Rosh Hashana eve Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 11 September 28th 03 08:02 AM