The one thing keeping you from stitching

Old September 26th 10, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default The one thing keeping you from stitching

On 9/25/10 11:28 PM, in article ,
"Jinx Minx" wrote:

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Fran wrote:
Recovering from achilles tendon surgery last week. Hopefully, the
pain and swelling will soon get to where I can sit in one place for
more that 30 minutes at a stretch.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 06:49:34 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Trying to get the house ready for DD to have her hockey team over.

Cheryl

Simple answer...that damned Facebook!!!!!!

Gillian

I was too embarrassed to admit that one myself, but it's true!!!

Jinx

Raising her hand half way. When DH comes home, he's on FB, not me. So that's
one of the times I stitch!

Old September 26th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 9/25/10 4:14 PM, in article ,
"Jinx Minx" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Trying to get the house ready for DD to have her hockey team over.

Cheryl

A two year old with diarrhea. On the couch, on my bed, including
pillows.
I guess when she came into my room saying "paper towel! paper towel!"
she
really meant it. As if I didn't have enough regular Saturday laundry to
contend with! Not to mention, a mouse seems to have taken up residence
yesterday as well. As soon as naptime is over, it's off to Target to arm
myself with traps. Ick.

Jinx

Poor thing - having survived that age, thank heavens that the BRAT diet
works so well.

It's been off and on over the past week or so, but she doesn't seem sick
otherwise. I'm strongly suspecting an artificial sweetener/sugar derivative
culprit since it seems to happen on the days she consumes a particular
product. Just a theory though. It's a good thing BRAT are four of her
favorite foods.

Jinx

Old September 26th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

"Jinx Minx" wrote:

[...]

homework/my illness/my son (it varies day to day which one or ones
have worn me out and sent me to la la land by 8:30!)
Old September 26th 10, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 9/26/2010 10:42 AM, Jinx Minx wrote:

It's been off and on over the past week or so, but she doesn't seem sick
otherwise. I'm strongly suspecting an artificial sweetener/sugar derivative
culprit since it seems to happen on the days she consumes a particular
product. Just a theory though. It's a good thing BRAT are four of her
favorite foods.

Jinx

I hope that's it, because it's an easy and forthright solution. I know I
can't eat stuff with Sorbitol for that reason, and it's a common
intolerance. (Please *don't* pass the Velamints!)

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old September 27th 10, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/26/10 2:30 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 9/26/2010 10:42 AM, Jinx Minx wrote:

It's been off and on over the past week or so, but she doesn't seem sick
otherwise. I'm strongly suspecting an artificial sweetener/sugar derivative
culprit since it seems to happen on the days she consumes a particular
product. Just a theory though. It's a good thing BRAT are four of her
favorite foods.

Jinx

I hope that's it, because it's an easy and forthright solution. I know I
can't eat stuff with Sorbitol for that reason, and it's a common
intolerance. (Please *don't* pass the Velamints!)

sue

I just skip anything with the artificial sweetners. I don't mind the stevia
sweetened drinks I've tried (can't recall the brand, but it is the "organic"
aisle) It tastes sweet, often too sweet for me, but not sugar sweet if that
makes any sense to you all.

Remember that "Olestra" stuff that was hot for a while until it discovered
it gave nearly every one the runs.

Old September 27th 10, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/26/10 1:58 PM, in article
, "Lynoth"

"Jinx Minx" wrote:

[...]

Your homework or your son's LOL. My son and his homework wore me out on a
regular basis. However, he now wishes he had listened to me and worked
harder. He loves his campus but hates feeling like he was surrounded by
idiots.

Cheryl

Old September 27th 10, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mary

Finishing a Christmas quilt!
Old September 27th 10, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

That stuff is still around, they just don't advertise it anymore.

Old September 27th 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

A couple of years ago one the things in the Girl Scout "Fall Nut" sale was a
wonderfully tasty "no fat chocolate covered toffee chip". After we had all
gorged on the cans the "demonstrator" had set out (we were the last group
she was doing and gave us all the half eaten cans from previous demos), some
one read the entire can to us - something along the lines of....

Do not exceed more than one serving. May cause digestive system upset or
diarrhea. Serving size about 8 chips.

Many of us spent the next days regretting our indulgence.

I really don't trust anything now that says "non-fat" that should have fat
of some sort as a basic ingredient.

The "nonfat cheese product" does the same thing to me.

Old September 27th 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Work!

Joan (envying those who are SAHM or retired!)

Marking Charts & Keeping Track of Stitching, etc. Tia Mary Needlework 14 March 15th 10 08:14 PM
I have NOT been keeping up very well... Kate Dicey Quilting 4 December 6th 05 07:52 AM
keeping up with messages maryd Quilting 4 November 6th 05 07:11 PM
keeping track D.M.Evans Needlework 18 October 5th 04 03:30 PM
Stitching in Tupperware thing Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 0 March 23rd 04 09:00 AM