The one thing keeping you from stitching

Old September 28th 10, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default The one thing keeping you from stitching

Joan E. wrote:
Work!

Joan (envying those who are SAHM or retired!)

THAT, my dear is a four letter word!!!!

Gill
Old September 28th 10, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Sep 27, 3:18*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
Work!

Joan (envying those who are SAHM or retired!)

Little Twerp - the new kitten DH picked up on his way home a few weeks
ago. I was just starting to get into the big stitching projects
again, now that Fichu (first kitten) was a year old in April when DH
came home one day from town. A few minutes later a plump roly poly
kitten trotted across the living room floor. There were cars pulled
off of the county road so DH pulled over too to see what was going on
and there was a young boy with a box of kittens. There were two left
when DH stopped so he took the female. There was about a week of
growling and hissing but they're now becoming friends. There is LOTS
of kitty chasing and wrestling going on but, if I sneak down the hall
and peek into the bedroom, I frequently spy a "ball of cat" on the
bed, where all four eyes will be closed & I can't tell where one cat
leaves off and the other begins. Little Twerp is definitely at the
"catch anything that moves" stage, though (11 weeks today), so the big
stitching projects are back in their pillow cases. :-))

My work season starts on Oct. 25 unless the Harry & David mail orders
start flooding in and they call us back a week or so earlier. I was
hoping to have found a "real" job (with health insurance!) by now but,
since I haven't, I'm looking forward to getting back to the extended
somewhat dysfunctional seasonal family. :-) Not sure how the pear
season was this year since we had a seemingly interminable winter that
lasted through May but the orchard people know what they're doing and
we've had a beautiful summer.
Liz from Humbug

Liz from Humbug

Marking Charts & Keeping Track of Stitching, etc. Tia Mary Needlework 14 March 15th 10 08:14 PM
I have NOT been keeping up very well... Kate Dicey Quilting 4 December 6th 05 07:52 AM
keeping up with messages maryd Quilting 4 November 6th 05 07:11 PM
keeping track D.M.Evans Needlework 18 October 5th 04 03:30 PM
Stitching in Tupperware thing Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 0 March 23rd 04 09:00 AM