So Noreen, how goes the spinning?

Old October 19th 03, 09:34 PM
SlinkyToy

Default So Noreen, how goes the spinning?

Inquiring minds and all that...
Old October 19th 03, 09:47 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
Inquiring minds and all that...

LOL, we had company this morning, then I HAD to watch the Cowboys play
whoopaXX against the Lions.... and NOW I've got laundry to do....
I WILL get at it, promise.....
Noreen

---

Old October 20th 03, 12:48 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
Inquiring minds and all that...

LOL, we had company this morning, then I HAD to watch the Cowboys play
whoopaXX against the Lions.... and NOW I've got laundry to do....
I WILL get at it, promise.....
Noreen

YES!! I am HOOKED on it!! It's so much easier than I thought! Now it's
dark out and I have to stop!!!
Don started me out, to be honest... he has such a great memory of watching
his maternal grandmother spin, and he played on this wheel as a little boy
too, so he had a better idea of things than I did! So, he got me started,
and funny, he didn't want to get up and let ME!!! Finally he was artfully
persuaded (think in terms of my sig line: *strip* g), and off I went!
I'm excited and PO'd that it got dark on me.... yes, I KNOW we have
electricity, but artificial lights bother me when I'm way over-tired....
Hugs!
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

---

Old October 20th 03, 04:53 AM
Myka KS

Yea, Noreen! Congrats to you too!!! Today must have been a very good day
for learning to spin!!! :-)

Blessings,
Myka
--
Spam trap hint: contact me at the acronym
JustUnderNineOlives = juno

Old October 20th 03, 07:31 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Noreen's
Knit*che" wrote:

The saying:" what goes around comes around" applies right here.

Noreen welcome to the spinners world. Now you have to learn all about
sheep breeds, and the exotic fibers as llama, alpaca, muskox or qiviut,
and many others. Cotton and flax, ramie, and hemp, the angora
goat...(mohair) and angora rabbit..and the list goes on....Silk in all the
variations. Noreen no more time for sleeping....LOL

Els

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
[...]

I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old October 20th 03, 09:30 AM
Cher

Oh well done Noreen and hubby, I am so proud of you, won't keep you off of
it now..

OK if she goes quiet girls, we'll know she is spinning...lol
Cher

Old October 20th 03, 01:50 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Myka KS" wrote in message
Yea, Noreen! Congrats to you too!!! Today must have been a very good day
for learning to spin!!! :-)

Blessings,
Myka
--
Spam trap hint: contact me at the acronym
JustUnderNineOlives = juno

Myka, isn't it FUN?
Now I want a spindle for portable projects too!
LOL!
Hugs,
Noreen
whose nearest guild is 60 miles away, boohoo!

---

Old October 20th 03, 01:54 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Cher" wrote in message
Oh well done Noreen and hubby, I am so proud of you, won't keep you off

of
it now..

OK if she goes quiet girls, we'll know she is spinning...lol
Cher

YES! Just like learning to shuttle-tat, I took it on full force, and later
bobbin-lace (aka pillow-lace)... everything else becomes a UFO!
LOL!
shhhhh, Noreen's heading toward her wheel....
BFN!
Love,
Noreen
PS, got Sarah Jane's email today, thanks!

---

Cotton Spinning 1913 weaving vintage FA Sarah Mc. Marketplace 0 October 29th 04 12:58 AM
spinning special coming up Els van Dam Yarn 17 October 12th 03 06:27 PM
Noreen... In a Spin?? Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 1 September 11th 03 05:30 AM
Spinning and Weaving Neal Rogers Yarn 80 August 22nd 03 10:35 AM
FROM: Gemini (a note to group via Noreen) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 6 August 11th 03 12:31 AM