Knitted Panel

Old July 4th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default Knitted Panel

Here is the knitted 25"X9" panel I wrote about.

Enjoy
Butterfly
http://slantgolf.smugmug.com/photos/...57_U5d5b-L.jpg

Old July 4th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Wow, Butterfly, that's just beautiful. Those cables are so
intricate!! I enjoy knitting and I've done some cables, but nothing
as complicated as that! Well done.

Old July 4th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Mmmmmm. I want to touch it. Polly

"Butterflywings" wrote Here is the knitted 25"X9" panel I wrote about.

Old July 4th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Door's open. Just say what days and I'll be sure to be home : ) You come
this far,we WILL be here

Butterfly (Just don't ask my cousin about Our NOT meeting up. They kept
changing the date...and we HAD to leave. We DID get to have a meet-up on Our
excursion tho..Now, she will be coming HERE YAY!!! )

Old July 4th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Thank you. I took it from a cabled sweater pattern. just that segment of it.
That was enuf to know I won't try the sweater anytime soon.

Butterfly ('sides, I don't very often wear a sweater out here. I do have 3
diff ones in 3 diff weights, in case I ever do need one)

"Carole-Retired and Loving It" wrote in
message ...

Old July 4th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Butterfly, all I can say is, "WOW!" I used to knit, and loved to do cables.
But I never tried anything quite that complicated. I'm totally impressed.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old July 5th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Thank you. It's part of the front of a cardigan pattern. It has more
patterns but I chose just the middle cable section.
Original pattern calls for:
K1 6 CB 5(9) RIB 6CF 28 21RIB 6 CB 4LT K1: Cardigan Left Front Rib

OR:
K1 6CB 9SR 6CF 28TRELLIS 6CB 4LT K1: Cardigan Left Front

I combined them to get the 9" midsection :
K1 4RT 6CF 28TRELLIS 6CB 4LT K1
It does do a SR (Seed Rib) in the middle of the cables.

Pattern is from _Best Of Woman's Day Needlework_Aran Pullover and Cardigan_
Pgs: 78/79
I do not have the year published as these were saved.

HTH
Butterfly

m...

Old July 5th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens[_2_]

I'm always amazed at the variety of cable patterns! This one is truly
wonderful....

--
Susan
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

Old July 5th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Thanks. I enjoyed the challenge. Yes, I did unknit, but it was 'my' problem
not the pattern.
Next time, I will get the magnet board and strip out and put it under the
row I'm working on. Writing the numbers and checking them off didn't help.

Butterfly (Some days the brain worked, and some days it went back on
vacation...got spoilt it did. NO wait, we WERE on vacation for the most
part.; )

"Susan Torrens" wrote in message
I'm always amazed at the variety of cable patterns! This one is truly
wonderful....

--
Susan
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston
"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Here is the knitted 25"X9" panel I wrote about.

Enjoy
Butterfly
http://slantgolf.smugmug.com/photos/...57_U5d5b-L.jpg

New wall panel idea. Shirley Shone Quilting 5 April 11th 07 03:18 AM
putting panel in frame Bill Glass 40 March 31st 07 07:59 AM
preprinted panel Sharon Gates Quilting 1 May 30th 06 11:04 PM
Hanging panel CC Glass 5 February 5th 04 02:57 AM
glass and panel picture M. Paradis Glass 5 October 24th 03 12:29 AM