Strange problem (part rant, part humor)

Old November 3rd 03, 11:50 AM
georg

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'll keep an eye out for yarn sales. Yesterday, we went out for a meal,
and while I had him in the car, I went to a yarn store and forced him to
pick out a few skeins and colors he liked.

Oh, if only all our significant others could be so mean!

-georg
=)

Old November 3rd 03, 12:59 PM
Cori

Dear Georg,

Here is my little suggestion. Buy him a skein or two of nice yarn and a tub
(storage unit to keep it in) and start him his own stash! Maintenance of it
is up to him. Once he has his own stash he can be asked to leave yours
alone.

Hugs,
Cori

--
If my address reads spammers r stupid then give me a shout on line.
If my address reads yahoo delete no spam to email me back.
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Envelope packed and ready to go ,, but there is a strike coming up
,,,, so please note it is somewhere on it`s way to you , may be i will
ask them if there is an alternative system ????
mirjam

I'm surprised Noreen didn't suggest this - see if you can get
your husband interested in spinning - then he can spin yarn for you
to knit with!

A thought - if you can get him to 'mention' what articles he might be
interested in working on in the near future - then you can be on the
look out for yarn that would suit (and/or have an appropriate amount of
yarn available). . . plus hitting yard sales and 2nd hand stores looking
for cheaper (but not necessarily 'cheap' yarn - you can sometimes find
really expensive yarn for pennies!) additions to your stash.

Just had another thought - check out nearby stores (or on the net) for
clearance yarn - many times you can find some real bargains this way too!

Good luck

Sonya

---

Old November 3rd 03, 02:39 PM
Michele

Welcome georg! Thanks for a smile on a Monday morning!
My DH has been raiding my stash. He started knitting again. Of course, he's
going for the expensive eyelash yarn, not the cheap stuff. He has a very
artistic eye, and combines colors beautifully. But he does not mind shopping
with me! He is helping me use up my stash so I can buy more! And it is
wonderful spending time together knitting on the sofa. He picked out the
yarn for his mother's birthday present, but I am making the hat - he's still
only at the scarf level.
I tried to show him a simple rib knit hat pattern. We ended up with 5 inches
of a basket weave pattern! Guess I need to watch more closely. ;-
Hope you get to spend lots of quality time crafting together.
Oh, there's always internet shopping. Not as much fun as touching all the
yarn, but great bargains. Smileys yarns is my favorite place to shop.

Peace,
Michele in KY
change "madatspam" to michele to email me

Old November 4th 03, 08:21 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Aha Georg i see you came over here , How nice to meet you here as well
, you will enjoy it !!!
mirjam

Old November 4th 03, 11:00 PM
Irene

Hee, hee, hee, I now know where to send that pile of Persian wool yarn
in large hanks to. This will "seed" the DHStash and you can buy him a
nice tote to stuff it in (when you see one on sale...) and it actually
makes great chunky sweaters and vests...

Oh, and please DO NOT let him near ebay. One of my former employers
hated to shop for equipment so he would buy whatever he could find at
auction, even though most of it arrived with a large green "DEFECTIVE"
sticker.

Irene

georg wrote in message ...
Hello everyone!

My husband has gotten out his crochet hook again (hooray!). Since I knit
occassionally, he's raided my stash for yarn.

Why did I have to search for it? Because my husband refuses to shop. He
hates going to the store for anything. If he could have me buy his suits
and shoes without him there, he would.

A huge part of knitting for me is the tactile
feel of the yarn in my fingers.

-georg

Old November 5th 03, 12:40 AM
georg

Irene wrote:

Hee, hee, hee, I now know where to send that pile of Persian wool yarn
in large hanks to. This will "seed" the DHStash and you can buy him a
nice tote to stuff it in (when you see one on sale...) and it actually
makes great chunky sweaters and vests...

Oh, and please DO NOT let him near ebay. One of my former employers
hated to shop for equipment so he would buy whatever he could find at
auction, even though most of it arrived with a large green "DEFECTIVE"
sticker.

=)
He's not allowed on ebay, and neither am I. We'd be in debt forever and
need a MUCH bigger house.

-georg