Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three Bags Full.

Old February 9th 10, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

Default Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three Bags Full.

John wrote:
On Feb 8, 3:56 pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
John wrote:
On Feb 7, 6:29 pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
John wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...29010013129330

John

WOW!!! Wonderful work and such a good idea to use up
small
scraps.

--
Beverlyhttp://ickes.us/default.aspx

I looked over your site, that is a stunning blue/green
top shown on
the first page of your recent projects.

Thanks, that was a fun project and I have worn the
jacket
several times.

I have to make a
set of Tai-
chi outfits for my wife and myself, and that reminds
me
of the top
with Frog Buttons. I better get busy on them now that
have gotten
some inspiration.
John

I wasn't going for authentic Asian style, I just liked
that
pattern because, while it had some shaping, it didn't
have
lots of seams breaking up the print. I competed another
jacket using the same pattern, in Glen plaid printed
silk in
shades of ivory and navy blue. Pictures eventually...

--
Beverlyhttp://ickes.us/default.aspx

Not that it looks Authentic Asian Style. I just noticed
the loop construction of the closures, and that is the
same style of closure as
used on Tai-Chi clothing, but theirs is over lapping,
with that style
of loop, but with a knotted element in the anchor point,
and that is
on my honey do list.

Perhaps this will get you started:
http://www.sewingconnection.com/sc10ball.htm
And, seriously, making the narrow tubing with Claire
Shaeffer's method (demonstrated on my site) works
wonderfully well. You can produce extremely narrow, very
strong tubing.

It was a quiet prod to myself, to
get going on my
list of things that must be done soon.
John

Yeah, I need one of those prods myself...

--
Beverly
http://ickes.us/default.aspx

Old February 9th 10, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
John

On Feb 8, 7:31*pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
John wrote:
On Feb 8, 3:56 pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
John wrote:
On Feb 7, 6:29 pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
John wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that link. I tried to find them ready made but that looks
easy enough. There are 8 per top and that is a tot of 16. shold be a
good days work.

John
Old February 9th 10, 08:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

John wrote:
On Feb 8, 7:31 pm, "BEI Design"
Perhaps this will get you
started:http://www.sewingconnection.com/sc10ball.htm
And, seriously, making the narrow tubing with Claire
Shaeffer's method (demonstrated on my site) works
wonderfully well. You can produce extremely narrow, very
strong tubing.

Thanks for that link. I tried to find them ready made but
that looks
easy enough. There are 8 per top and that is a tot of 16.
shold be a
good days work.

John

You're welcome. Here is another one you might find useful:
http://perfectpatterns.tripod.com/frogs.html
Pretty much the same ball instructions, with the addition of
a frog pattern. My motto is, one can never have too many
bookmarked sites. ;-}
--
Beverly
http://ickes.us/default.aspx

Old February 9th 10, 09:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Juno B wrote:
On 2/7/2010 5:39 PM, John wrote:
Here is a picture of three grocery bags that I made for a charity fund
raiser for my wife's favorite charity. They are made out of a whole
bunch of diagonal 2 color squares that I have left over from another
series of projects. I put a pocket in the middle of the front between
the straps, to use up some more of these darn squares. It is
identified by the horizontal burgundy trim piece between the straps.
They are fairly easy to do if you have a bunch of squares of whatever
color around from quilting projects, or can make some from leftover
clothing scraps. They just need to be sewn together and then quilted
and then the quilted pieces are cut and sewn together into the bag.
Serge the interior seams, and then sew down the serged seams to the
sides and bind the top edge and put on a set of padded handles. The
bottom is a separate piece of heavy black cotton canvas that is
quilted and sewn to the bottom sides of the bags. I use that for the
bottom as it doesn't show the wear as much as the thin cotton of the
squares. You should use a sturdy machine or at least a jeans needle
and go slow when you are doing those seams. They are somewhat thick.
You will break a needle if you don't. Here is the picture.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...29010013129330

John

More good things, John. To pretty for grocery shopping.
Juno

Everything he makes is both beautiful and useful.

Another win, John!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 9th 10, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
John

On Feb 9, 3:54*am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
Juno B wrote:
On 2/7/2010 5:39 PM, John wrote:
[...]

Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Hi Kate, and thanks.I haven't posted here for awhile. Back to doing
clothing in a serious way, to the detriment of my quilting output. If
I could only find a happy balance. How do you do it? I get consumed by
a particular thing and follow it to the exclusion of everything else.
My wife said I am monomaniacal, but I think I am focused. Then there
is the woodworking. Another obsession that takes hold. So many
directions, so little time.
John

Old February 9th 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

John wrote:
On Feb 9, 3:54 am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
Juno B wrote:
On 2/7/2010 5:39 PM, John wrote:
[...]

I haven't done any serious quilting for way too long! HOWEVER, this
week I get to combine the quilting with making historical costume, when
I make a quilted body lining for a tail coat!

Old February 9th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

BEI Design wrote:
John wrote:
On Feb 8, 3:56 pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
John wrote:
On Feb 7, 6:29 pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
John wrote:
[...]

I can vouch for that! I hung a 7 layer chiffon dress of chiffon straps
made Claire's way! Worked a treat.

It was a quiet prod to myself, to
get going on my
list of things that must be done soon.
John

Yeah, I need one of those prods myself...

I need three... And a stack of those round flat tuits rather than the
square and triangular ones I seem to have right now!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Yes Sir, Yes sir, Three Bags Full. John Quilting 16 February 8th 10 04:55 PM
Bags, Bags, Bags (and pictures to match) joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 4 May 14th 09 09:50 PM
OT - Full Moon ~KK in BC~ Quilting 26 September 19th 05 11:05 PM
OT... full nest again maryd Quilting 10 August 1st 05 12:39 AM
Ok, I'm done...my stable is full M. Wetmore Quilting 5 December 17th 03 10:30 PM