Update on Noreens shawl pattern

Old August 25th 03, 01:47 PM
Ophelia

Default Update on Noreens shawl pattern

WELL DONE CHER)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ophelia
Scotland

"Cher" wrote in message
Hi all, First of all I'd like to say thankyou to Noreen for this fab
pattern. It is so easy! only 6pattern rows and three of them are just

purl
the row back.

I am using the extra fine blues through to lavendar pinky that I blended

and
spun.

The only trouble I had, was with the yarn itself. Being so very very

fine,
and unplied, I found it difficult to get going, but once a few rows had

been
done, it gave me something to hold to be able to get going.

I've done 10ins of the pattern so far, and found that it is oblongish
circles with holes all the way around it. The rainbow effect of my

dyeing,
has given the shawl an extra interest.

How are you others doing with your knitting of this ab fab pattern?

Please post on here to let us all know how it is going. I went to a

family
bar b que yesterday, where I would normally take along my 'wheel' and

spin,
I took my shawl, and sat at a lighted table well after dark, knitting.
Everyone there was intrigued. I may have started a new trend, as my

S.I.L.
who recently has been chair bound, and now still on crutches since

breaking
her ankle, has taken up charity knitting. She now wants to make a stole

in
this sort of 'Holey' pattern. I've given her a baby shawl pattern and
worked it out so that she hasn't got to cast on so many.....this intrigued
her mother, and her sons wife, so there are now a few more UK'ers either
going back to knitting or starting a new hobby! LOL.

So Noreen.....look what you've started!
Thanks again for the wonderful easy to remember pattern and tips.

Cheers.....Cher

Old August 25th 03, 02:43 PM
Katherine Burgess

OHMIGAWD, Cher! I haven't even started it yet! Of course, I don't have any
appropriate wool, so that could be why. Congratulations, even though you are
making me look like a slug. g
Katherine

Old August 25th 03, 04:17 PM
Cher

Thanks Ophelia, but oh what a pretty little pattern it is too......Cher

"Ophelia" wrote in message
WELL DONE CHER)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ophelia
Scotland

Old August 25th 03, 04:18 PM
Cher

No Problem Noreen, it is very beautiful, and oh so dainty.

Cheers...Cher

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:35:35 -0500, Cher wrote:
[...]

*blush*
*awww shucks, Cher*
And, you're WELCOME!!!!
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Old August 25th 03, 08:32 PM
Katherine Burgess

It sounds gorgeous! I can't wait to see it.
Katherine

"Cher" wrote in message
Oh no, but that is because you have other things on. I didn't and was
therefore able to make the time to get the wool spun and dyed,and the
needles sorted out before I even got the pattern. So I was waiting for
something to do. So no you aren't a slug, you are just finishing off

other
things first.

It is a very pretty pattern though. Let us know when you manage to start

it
Katherine. I say they are oval ish type of rounds with the holes all the
way around it. It reminds me of very mini minature easter eggs with holes
all the way around it. Or little mini paw prints...lol My dh says they
look like little flowers. Because of the colour, I guess my shawl will

be
a pale african violet flowered shawl...(g).

Cheers.....Cher

Old August 25th 03, 10:51 PM
Cher

Well there I have a problem, but one I think I can get out of, because
after my large hard drived last pc crashed and was unrepairable, I grabbed
the one from upstairs to use....it's old, slow, but keeps going. Anyway
there isn't enough room inside the box to put in the camera driver, but I
notice that as I can use the windows modem, I can remove the other modem
inside the box, thus freeing up a space/slot to plug in the camera card...
So I'll play next week and see if I can at least get my camera back online.

Old August 26th 03, 03:50 AM
Laura Sullwold

After reading about this shawl pattern, I am very interested in this
pattern. I was wondering if you could email it to me, Noreen. I promise
not to sell it, distribute it, or anything like that. This is simply for my
own pleasure.

Laura

Old August 26th 03, 12:00 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:50:53 -0500, Laura Sullwold wrote:
After reading about this shawl pattern, I am very interested in this
pattern. I was wondering if you could email it to me, Noreen. I
promise
not to sell it, distribute it, or anything like that. This is
simply for my
own pleasure.

Laura

Laura, send me your real email addy to and
I'll send it out next week when I get back online...

Old August 26th 03, 07:17 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

After reading about this shawl pattern, I am very interested in this
pattern. I was wondering if you could email it to me, Noreen. I
promise
not to sell it, distribute it, or anything like that. This is
simply for my
own pleasure.

Laura

Laura, I need a real email to send this to....
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)