Machine Troubles

Old March 18th 04, 03:39 PM
Jill Pochik

Default Machine Troubles

A couple of weeks ago my machine started giving me trouble so I took it
in for service. Now I will have to return it back to the repair store
for the third time now.
The first time it was cleaned and the gears were all replaced. Once I
received it back, I was able to use it for about 1 hour before the fuse
blew, Three days later it was back home again, well this time I was able
to use it for 1 day before the fuse blew again. The repair man tells me
that I am threading the machine wrong and that's why the fuse keeps
blowing. The funny thing is that I used my machine for over 9 years
before he worked on it and never had this problem before.
Sorry I needed to vent a bit.

Critter Comforts: Quilts for Homeless Animals
http://community.webtv.net/critterco...ritterComforts

Old March 18th 04, 04:30 PM
Julia Altshuler

What make and model is your machine? Is this an authorized dealer and
repair shop? If so, I'd make a phone call to headquarters and ask them
about what might be the matter. Ask if it is normal for fuses to blow
so often after cleaning. I'm thinking it isn't, but I'm no expert on
machines. Ask if incorrect threading could be causing the problem.
Again, I wouldn't think so, but I've been surprised before. Definitely
ask at the repair store to be shown how to thread the machine. Have the
manual with you so you can compare the way you're shown to the way
you've been doing it all along.

--Lia

Old March 18th 04, 04:51 PM
Kathy in CA

SM have fuses?? Anyway if the machine is threaded wrong it doesnt sew right
anyway so what has that got to do with fuses?? I too think you need a better
repairman.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old March 18th 04, 04:55 PM
Kate T.

If I am correct and I think I am, threading your SM incorrectly has nothing
to do with the fuse blowing. Wiring, a faulty circuit board or too small a
fuse has a lot to do with it, or the fuse could have been faulty to begin
with. The SM technician can't tell if a fuse is faulty or not but the
correct size of the fuse, yes.

Telling you it's because you threaded your machine incorrectly tell me he
doesn't have the foggiest idea what he is doing. Find another repairman,
fast. One that is an authrorized service repairman for your brand of
machine.

Kate T.
South Mississippi

Old March 18th 04, 05:26 PM
Mosiacquilter

It sounds like this repairman is a fine example of a breed of male well
known in UK anyway; one who doesn't believe that women have any faint idea
of how things work and what to do when they go wrong. These men attempt to
blind you with nonsense. You find them in computer shops and garage
workshops too. I just love tripping them up and showing that they are
talking a load of rubbish.
Good luck with your machine -

Sue
( in wet, windy Oxford)

Old March 18th 04, 06:20 PM
Patti

How true, Sue
You should have seen the snooty man in my repair garage, when he started
talking about steering tracking and *I* mentioned 'rack and pinion!!!
..
In article XYk6c.93$ef5.65@newsfe1-win, Mosiacquilter
writes
It sounds like this repairman is a fine example of a breed of male well
known in UK anyway; one who doesn't believe that women have any faint idea
of how things work and what to do when they go wrong. These men attempt to
blind you with nonsense. You find them in computer shops and garage
workshops too. I just love tripping them up and showing that they are
talking a load of rubbish.
Good luck with your machine -

Sue
( in wet, windy Oxford)

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 18th 04, 11:37 PM

Sorry, Jill, your machine is in the shop. I know how much we miss them
when they're gone. Mine's in for a tune-up and I'm having withdrawal
symptoms! Your repair man reminds me of a painter I once hired. He said
he would paint the walls two coats....Then he demonstrated with the
roller...first up and down, then side to side...two coats! I laughed in
his face! Nancycog in MD

Old March 18th 04, 11:42 PM
Taria

Sounds to me like he is trying to sell you another machine.
What is the brand and model?
Taria

Old March 19th 04, 02:23 AM
Jill Pochik

It's a computerized White #7700. I've been told it's really a Viking and
it was made in Sweden. Today I called right to the White Sewing machine
company and spoke with one of their techs and he said that the so called
repairman doesn't know what he's talking about.
If I want I can send it to them for repair. I just might do that. I
doubt if I will be able to get any money back from the first guy but I
can try after it gets fixed corrctly. At least then I would have an
invoice to show the clueless repairman.
Jill

FAQ for RCTQ Diana Curtis Quilting 5 March 1st 04 05:45 PM
Its that time again! FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 9 February 1st 04 08:08 PM
FAQs for Newbies and Longtimers Diana Curtis Quilting 21 December 8th 03 12:52 PM
Welcome to RCTQ FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 10 November 3rd 03 05:43 PM
FAQ's on buying a new Sewing Machine Butterfly Quilting 0 October 17th 03 04:34 PM