[AD] My very first e-bay posting

Old December 2nd 03, 09:55 PM
Bacchae

Default [AD] My very first e-bay posting

With many thanks to KatieLiz11, I finally got my fist posting
submitted to e-Bay.

I still have to figure out the whole snurl thing but here is
the posting URL. Let me know if you have any problems finding
it and I'll send you a picture.

I have no idea what search criteria I might be found under (it
sucks being a newbie) but the listing is titled:

PLT-Boro Lampwork-AsPrettyontheInside-4WC

and the URL is

I am thrilled to be offering this particular bead as my first
foray onto e-Bay. It is truly stunning. Despite the rather
corny description of it, it really does have an amazingly
beautiful pearlescent appearance. Heck, it's even prettier
than a pearl. I just about fell over when it first came out of
the kiln.

Thank you to any who go take a look at it. I would really love
to know what people thing of my listing and whatever else they
feel like sharing.

Oh yea, and the PLT is for my studio name, "Precious Little
Things" and website:

http://www.preciouslittlethings.ca

- Sandy
--
Bacchae at telusplanet dot net
"Beauty is terror. Whatever we call beautiful, we quiver

Old December 2nd 03, 10:01 PM
KDK

Hmm - for me the pictures didn't show unless I did a right click and
selected "show picture"

Nice bead!!

Kathy K

Old December 2nd 03, 10:05 PM
Carol in SLC

Nice bead!!

Nice bead indeed!!

Carol in SLC
My newest creation (11/28): http://members.aol.com/CarolinSLC/clay.jpg
http://members.aol.com/CarolinSLC/claycu.jpg
Old December 2nd 03, 10:26 PM
BeckiBead

sandy -- I love it, and was getting ready to bid and not be critical at all,
and then I checked the postage rate. I do not want to pay $4 to ship one bead.
Are there any other options?

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old December 2nd 03, 10:26 PM
BeckiBead

And, KatieLizard is the BEST. Kudos to her.

Old December 2nd 03, 10:42 PM
Bacchae

"BeckiBead" wrote in message ...

sandy -- I love it, and was getting ready to bid and not be

critical at all,
and then I checked the postage rate. I do not want to pay $4

to ship one bead.
Are there any other options?

I definitely do not want to make money on shipping and am happy
to charge only what I pay in shipping. I am including
insurance with the price of shipping and secure packaging.

Perhaps someone else who ships from Canada can chime in on this
and let me know if what I am currently proposing is reasonable.

I know that letter rate postage from Canada to the US is 65
cents without any sort of insurance. I figured with a bubble
pack or secure box with padding and then insurance I'd be in
that ballpark but I am happy to determine the cost for sure and
modify things accordingly either for the buyer of this item and
certainly for all future buyers.

Is that reasonable? Do you think people would prefer the
shipping cost be factored into the selling price and then offer
free shipping?

- Sandy

Old December 2nd 03, 11:13 PM
Marissa Undercofler

Very nice bead, but I have one suggestion. You might want to consider
changing the text from orange to something a little less harsh on the eyes
when it is on a white background. The orange text on a white background
makes my eyes do funny stuff., but thats just my 2 cents.

Again the bead is very nice. Very different. It looks kind of like water in
a coppery kind of pot with oil swirling around on the surface of the water.

Marissa

Old December 2nd 03, 11:38 PM
KatieLiz11

Wow, very pretty bead!! I'm glad that I was able to be of help!

Katie

~~ KatieLiz ~~
http://www.beadweaverdreams.com
Old December 2nd 03, 11:43 PM
KatieLiz11

And, KatieLizard is the BEST. Kudos to her.

Awwwwww... Thanks!

Katie