Slightly on topic... Fabric Junkie

Old January 11th 04, 09:18 PM
M. Wetmore

Default Slightly on topic... Fabric Junkie

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:26:11 GMT, "AlenasMom"
wrote:

Help! Alena's gone insane!
Friday evening I was feeling well enough to work on the sleeves of the
nursing shirt I'm designing. I had an accident and ended up needing to cut
a new sleeve. After carefully taking out all of the pins, I waved the
fabric in front of Alena. She grabbed it.
That was two days ago! I can't get her to let it go!!!!!
I wanted to take it to seam up the edges so it won't fray into her mouth,
but she hit me, woke up and screamed until I gave it back, unseamed...
While we're nursing, she'll hold it over her face and rub it up and down.
It's a cotton/viscose blend, so it's nice and smooth, but thin enough that
she's not going to suffocate.
DH thinks it's cute (so do I) but he just wants to make sure we're going to
be able to take it to the washer in the next decade.
I think I have enough scrap from the same material to make her a little
shirt, but I'm not sure if that would suffice. She's really addicted to
this little piece!

That's too cute!! If she starts off her fabric addiction at this age,
you're in big trouble!

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old January 11th 04, 09:33 PM
Sharon Harper

Glad to see she's starting early! Proves she's going to be a quilter. You
go Alena - get mummy to buy you a sewing machine for your first birthday
(make sure it's red 'cause they go faster!!!)

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
[...]

Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003
www.maternalinstinctscanada.com
validate the email address before sending.

Old January 11th 04, 11:23 PM
melinda

AlenasMom wrote:
[...]

Don't bother making anything in particular with the scraps, just hem
them up and try to replace the bit she's got with a hemed bit. At
least then if you've got spare bits you can wash the bits more often.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old January 12th 04, 12:42 AM
Carolyn McCarty

LOL! Mom had to cut one of my baby sister's blankets into smaller squares
and put satin binding on them all. Maggie was so addicted to that blanket
that she went bonkers when Mom tried to wash it. Mom stayed up most of one
night cutting and binding the pieces. That way there was always one for
Maggie to snuggle with (she just wanted to hold it up against her face)
while one was being washed. And when one piece got too threadbare, Mom had
another for her.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

Old January 15th 04, 07:26 PM
Coleen

Lina --

Aw, this is so cute. Thanks for sharing. Is she still clinging to her
fabric??

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
[...]

Another groaner - this time slightly ON topic! Joan Erickson Needlework 2 April 14th 04 04:37 PM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 07:54 PM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
Off Topic Turns On Topic & Fabric Shopping Lisa Ellis Quilting 0 September 9th 03 01:30 AM