Potholder pattern

Old September 25th 03, 10:47 AM
M C Allen

Default Potholder pattern

Nurse Ratched - try this link, I think it might be what you're looking for
(I hope!).
Mary Carole in AZ (from the Nickel Swap)
http://www.embroiderygarden.com/projects.htm

Old September 25th 03, 04:38 PM
nana2b

Thank you for this site. I am in a potholder swap and I think I will use
this.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old September 26th 03, 01:08 AM
Nurse Ratched

I've seen ones like that in the store, and it's not the one I'm looking for.
The one I want isn't a long, two-handed thing. My impression was, it was a
regular-size potholder, but with two pockets on the back: one for your fingers
and one for your thumbs. I wasn't entirely satisfied with my re-creation of
it, so I was hoping a could find a "real" pattern.

Thanks for trying, though!
Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn
Old September 26th 03, 03:30 AM
Kathryn Sews

There's one in the new Home Sew catalog that came today. They have a
website - Home Sew.com
Kathy in FL

Old September 26th 03, 12:52 PM
Pat in Virginia

Marilyn:
Ah, one of those! I have one that a quilter buddy made me. She
calls it a microwave pot holder, but I use it for a trivet and
for regular cooking too. Shh! It is a heart shape .... 9" across
by 8" tall (point to cleft.) Susan made the heart and quilted it,
then made two 'pockets' and quilted those, and bound the pocket
edges. Each pocket is almost half a heart (right half and left
half.) She then pinned the pockets to the heart, raw edges
together, and bound the entire construction, adding a little
hanger loop. Clear as mud? Need a diagram? Just let me know!
PAT in VA/USA

Old September 26th 03, 02:02 PM
Bonnie

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Marilyn:
Ah, one of those! I have one that a quilter buddy made me. She
calls it a microwave pot holder, but I use it for a trivet and
for regular cooking too. Shh! It is a heart shape .... 9" across
by 8" tall (point to cleft.) Susan made the heart and quilted it,
then made two 'pockets' and quilted those, and bound the pocket
edges. Each pocket is almost half a heart (right half and left
half.) She then pinned the pockets to the heart, raw edges
together, and bound the entire construction, adding a little
hanger loop. Clear as mud? Need a diagram? Just let me know!
PAT in VA/USA

Hi Pat,
May I use that also? It sounds quick and simple. Just what
I need.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 26th 03, 05:04 PM
Pat in Virginia

Credits go to my friend Susan! I should add that it would be a
good idea to rough cut the pockets first, baste and try this out
on your own hand. You might want it larger or smaller, or with
slanted pockets or ???
Glad you like the idea though. PAT in VA/USA

Old September 26th 03, 06:23 PM
Diana Curtis

Oooh.. I get it!!!! Thats what Im going to make for myself and as a gift for
a friend. whoo.. no more toasted fingers!
Thanks Pat... clear as cyrstal!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old September 26th 03, 07:14 PM
C. Mathews

Hi! Carla here,
My daughter gave me two. (One for each hand) She bought them on a trip. I
use mine all the time..keep them right on top of the microwave.
They are really handy to reach in and pluck out hot bowls.
If anyone wants to contact me off list..I can draw around mine and send you
the outline, then you can figure out what designs or how you want to quilt
it.
Mine is just a patterned material but is quilted a teensy little bit to hold
the batting in. Really not much sewing involved and would make great
Christmas gifts.
I plan on making a few myself.
Carla

Old September 29th 03, 01:21 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

That's what I thought you meant! I've never seen a pattern for it--never
even wondered how it was made (and no longer own one). As I recall, it was
like an oversize mitten with the "thumb pocket" inserted on one side.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp