Yard Sale finds

Old September 8th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Yard Sale finds

Lots of bags with mostly wool yarns all in orig bags with 10 skeins and the
prices were 50 cents per skein......several caught my eye but I have never
seen the brand or type. The first is a fingering/sock weight with Bernat
and Boucle' de Laine and Master Dyed on the label also one ounce and 72%
wool and 28% Antron Nylon, the color is Dawn Blue and it has a sheen to it.
Is this sock yarn.......my friend that bought 15 skeins thinks it would make
a pretty lace type shawl. I bought a bag of 10 with this one the
label....Jolie 90% wool 10% Rhovyl-Vinyon made in Belgium 50 grams 120 yards
and also Exclusively made for Pauline Denham Yarns, Inc...color is a very
pretty cream and it feels nice to the touch. Oh and the neatest thing is
there is a blue metal clamp thingy atch to the end of the yarn were you pull
it from the center.

Anyway I thought I post this an see if this is old yarn. The lady having
the sale said she bought it from an estate sale and the orig owner had boxes
full of yarn....no patterns or needles were left...drats!

TIA
Donna

Old September 8th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

DAB wrote:
[...]

But what a find!

I scored at my Salvation Army last week. Some Knitpicks cotton blend
worsted (soooo soft!) and a hand dyed skein of their fingering yarn. A
$25 value for $4. They had some nice NZ wool, 5 or 6 skeins for $2.65,
that I'm going to check and see if it's still there. They had a pack of
mohair too, but really wasn't interested in it.

sue
Old September 8th 07, 11:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Hi Donna, what a super find! Pauline Denham yarns are vintage and Bernat
now has it's head office in Canada. I vaguely remember Bernat being in a
European country when I was quite little - a long time ago.

http://www.vintageknits.com/yarncharts.html is a site that lists vintage
yarns. They also give an e-mail address for you to contact them if the
particular yarn/wool is not listed there. I'm sure they'd be delighted to
hear from you and would add the names of your finds to the list, or be
able to give you more information on what you bought.

Bernadette

Old September 8th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

suzee wrote:
DAB wrote:
[...]

Yes and I wish we could have got there soonerG ....I did a search and
found a site with a list of vintage yarns and both were listed but no
timeframe. Another interesting note is there is no stitch gauge on either
one.

Old September 8th 07, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Bernadette wrote:
Hi Donna, what a super find! Pauline Denham yarns are vintage and
Bernat now has it's head office in Canada. I vaguely remember Bernat
being in a European country when I was quite little - a long time ago.

http://www.vintageknits.com/yarncharts.html is a site that lists
vintage yarns. They also give an e-mail address for you to contact
them if the particular yarn/wool is not listed there. I'm sure they'd
be delighted to hear from you and would add the names of your finds
to the list, or be able to give you more information on what you
bought.

Oh thanks for that link, there is lots of interesting info and the sock type
yarn is listed but the fiber content is off by 1 percent, and the other yarn
[Jolie] is not listed.....I will take some pictures of the yarn and label
info and send to the site owner.

Donna

Old September 8th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

DAB wrote:

Yes and I wish we could have got there soonerG ....I did a search and
found a site with a list of vintage yarns and both were listed but no
timeframe. Another interesting note is there is no stitch gauge on either
one.

No stitch gauges, but it does list how many yards per oz.

sue

SCORE!! yard sale ~KK in BC~ Quilting 12 August 7th 06 08:50 AM
Yard Sale Score! And a ? Debra Quilting 13 October 3rd 05 07:40 PM
Finds at the Library Book Sale Cheryl Isaak Needlework 4 October 27th 04 05:11 PM
Pictures of my yard sale Singer 201-2 QuiltShopHopper Quilting 0 October 4th 03 01:24 AM