HAIR was-- OT My absence from RCB

Old July 7th 04, 07:23 PM
Dr. Sooz

Default HAIR was-- OT My absence from RCB

The below, by Kathy N-V, is so, so true. I used to work in a salon, running
the front desk, and I was a model. She's right.

So many women who feel they don't have much hair grow theirs longer, trying to
have More Hair. The opposite is true -- shorter hair looks like lots more
hair. Long hair weighs down your strands, hair's body -- your face. It drags
everything down. And very, very few people with long hair have good hair --
it's too old (YEARS old), and it's not in good shape by then.

You don't need to go way short to have More. You can go a bit shorter, a bit
shorter next time, then even a bit shorter. But nearly all long-haired
"styles" have no style at all, and make your hair look almost like you're bald.
No bounce, no life, no body. Most long styles need at least 5 inches off.
The ends are broken, the flyaways take over -- it looks badly unkempt and
sparse. A new haircut is a new lease on life.

I go to a really talented hairstylist at my local Supercuts. I don't allow
anyone else to touch my hair. (What she's doing there I have NO idea.) Since
my cut costs me about $15, I always tip 100%, because I want her to remember me
(especially if she moves to another salon!). SHE DOES. I hardly ever have to
say a word to her -- she knows my cut like the back of her hand, because that
tip stuck in her head.

Cut some hair off. If you already have shorter hair, try a different stylist
and a different cut, because you're not getting the most out of your hair.
It'll charge you up and give you a feeling of pizzazz!

You just think you don't have much hair. Really, truly. When my
hair was down to my waist, I was convinced I was half bald, because
I've lost so much of it since I've been sick.

My new haircut has made an amazing difference. For the first time in
my life, I really love my hair. It looks and feels thick and full.
I barely have to comb it, and it stays nice. (and I can spike it
when I want to!) People actually come up and tell me that I have
great hair -- that never happened before.

I found a hair stylist by looking around town through the windows of
the salons until I found one where the stylists all looked like they
had cool, funky hair - just a notch higher than I'd want to take it.
Then I called and told the appointment lady that I was going from
waist length to short, and I wanted someone who was great with
cowards and thin hair.

She knew just what I meant, and found me a terrific stylist. I also
gave the stylist free reign to do whatever she wanted, on the grounds
that she'd do whatever she liked to do, and probably what she did
best. She was delighted and went way above and beyond. And now I
have great hair.

Kathy N-V

P.S.: Tip well, almost excessively well if you liked the style and
intend to go back. In Mass., at least, stylists make sub-minimum
wage if they're employees, and nothing at all if they "rent" the
chair. They survive almost entirely on tips, and if you're a good
tipper, you'll be welcomed back with open arms. I tip in the 20% -
25% range, which is pretty good for a small urban area. However,
please don't tell my mother - she has fits over the tips I leave for
service people.

~~
Sooz
Old July 7th 04, 10:55 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Even when you do have thick hair, as I do, the weight of it can cause it to
thin as mine did at the face line, especially if you're always pulling it
back into a ponytail, as I did. Since I cut it, no more 45min with the hair
dryer. 10mins and I'm outta there. Everyone says I look younger too.
Marisa AU/NZ

Old July 8th 04, 02:27 AM
Dr. Sooz

Since I cut it, no more 45min with the hair
dryer. 10mins and I'm outta there. Everyone says I look younger too.
Marisa AU/NZ

Oh yeah -- there's that damn hour with the hair dryer......

I was told that my hair-cutting took ten years off. Indeed, I agree, it did.
And Kevin loves loves LOVES it. Calls me Duckie for the little bit that sticks
up on top. :-D
~~
Sooz
Old July 8th 04, 05:02 AM
Carla

Ah, I envy all you wash'n'go types. My hair takes a *minimum* of an
hour for washing/grooming. On the other hand, I finally have
dreadlocks, on my fourth attempt at it. I finally have long(ish) hair
without chemical processing or hot metal straigtening combs. And even
with the thinning on top, I like it more now than I did when I kept it
much shorter.

Just another datapoint...

Cheers,
Carla

Old July 8th 04, 07:03 PM
Dr. Sooz

I love dreads. You go!

I finally just got so that I saw hair care as a big burglar of precious
time....time that I can't ever get back. Didn't even care how I looked once I
thought about that.

OT My absence from RCB Dr. Sooz Beads 64 July 9th 04 09:32 PM
RCB party!! was--- OT My absence from RCB Dr. Sooz Beads 0 July 7th 04 01:35 AM
Bracelet Tag Will start Tomorrow! Black Cat Beads Beads 50 June 3rd 04 09:50 PM
What I did to my hair today (Pretty much OT) BeckiBead Beads 21 February 26th 04 07:12 AM