Roll Call!

Old January 4th 05, 05:37 AM
shhdesigns

"frood" wrote in message
news
As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them.
But, while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very
easily. (ok, except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a
new year, I thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get
to know each other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to
keep the players straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA.
I'm married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or
8 years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright
colors, and I collect vintage textiles.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Great Idea frood!

I'm Sandi in New Westminster B.C. I've been a member of this group since
about late 1998. I enjoy travelling and post travelogues about my trips.
Talking about quilt shops and the sights along the way.

Haven't been around much lately due to the Christmas season but pop in on a
regular basis.

I've met quite a few folks in person between meet-ups in Seattle and
Houston.

If you ever come up to Vancouver, give me a holler and I'll head you in the
direction of a few LQS.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of the Travelogues

Old January 4th 05, 06:21 AM
Debbi

I am Debbi, posting as Debbi in SO CA. I was married for 11 years to a
heartless cardiologist, have now been divorced for 12 years. Have a DD 18
who goes to University of Pittsburgh (will be flying back in the morning)
and a DS 15 who was born with a lot of problems. I have been quilting for
approximately 6 years and really surprised that I like it since my 7th grade
home ec teacher guaranteed I would hate sewing for the rest of my life and
then some.

Have a QI of the doggie variety named Billy.

I am currently working at the world's worst job as a middle school campus
supervisor. Hoping to get a full time job with benefits through the county
this year. Everyone keep your fingers crossed as I have had several
interviews and have passed a civil service test. Now I just need a job
offer!

It is raining like mad around here and makes for perfect quilting weather. I
love working on queen size whole cloth quilts while I am watching TB and
doing my piecing when there is nothing I care about on TV-- which is often!

Debbi in SO CA

Old January 4th 05, 07:33 AM
Joanna

Live in Alberta, Canada. Have also lived in Ontario, Canada. Wonderful
husband and fabulous daughter. I've been quilting for about 6 years now.
Proudly got two more people hooked recently. I always have a hand
quilting project on the go but most of my work is done by machine. Now
I'm back to work I don't get done as much as I would like. Love this
group they have been both an inspiration and my shoulder to lean on at
times. If you have time check my projects on my web page.

http://community.webshots.com/user/exrules

Take Care
Joanna

frood wrote:

As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them. But,
while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily. (ok,
except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a new year, I
thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get to know each
other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to keep the players
straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA. I'm
married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or 8
years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright colors,
and I collect vintage textiles.

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old January 4th 05, 07:44 AM
Joanna

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Nice try sneaking that in there.
Take Care
Joanna

georg wrote:

I'm Georg, female. With a name like that, one perhaps should specify.

I live near Binghamton NY, and all of my kids have fuzzy faces and four
feet. I'm 36 in another 2 hours, and it doesn't look likely to have the
other kind of kid. But I'm a devoted Aunt. I've been married over 8
years now.

-georg

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old January 4th 05, 07:51 AM
Joy

"frood" wrote in message
news snipped:
As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them.
But, while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very
easily. -- ...
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Aloha! I'm Joy, posting as A Joy in Hawaii. I'm a 34 year old
Filipino/Native Hawaiian/Japanese/Cherokee/Welsh/Portuguese (wow, yeah?!)
woman that lives in Holualoa, HI (a part of Kona, HI) on a coffee farm (no,
I don't have to pick it but you can find me sneaking a few coffee cherries
to suck on for a quick pick me up, hee hee). I have three kidlets DD1 4
y.o.(almost 5), DD2 3 y.o. and DS1 20 months old. I'm working on getting my
D(arn)H to agree to divorce so that I don't have to pay outrageous attorney
fees. It's been a rough year for me all around with these ongoing marital
problems and then my dad past away on November 18, just about a month and a
half ago. I've gotten back to piecing but somehow I just can't get the
machine quilting thing going again. I do love to hand quilt, though. I
started quilting Hawaiian quilts and even had a job as a quilt demonstrator
in Waikiki around 3 years ago which was really fun. I don't have any of the
quilts I completed while active on RCTQ doing our monthly challenges with
the late Sue and I've lost the pictures of them that were on Webshots. Oh
well, I'll get them back someday, I hope. RCTQers have been a great support
to me and HUGged me and my kids 4 times over and blessed me with more than I
could imagine. At the moment, I am totally loving batiks and am planning on
entering the Kona Coffee Quilt Contest in June using these batiks and hand
dyed fabrics from Mardi. Most of my day is spent as a case manager for the
severely and persistently mentally ill and evenings are with my 3 kidlets.
Very little time to do quilty things these days...besides read RCTQ posts to
keep me sane =). So if you're new, welcome. If you've been around, I guess
I'm back *grin*.
A Joy in Hawaii

Old January 4th 05, 07:59 AM
Pete 'n' Trish

Hello I'm trish in Syney. Thats Syney Australia. I am closer to Melinda than
Sharon. I have only been quilting since '99. I an in my fourties (shhh) I
arrived in Australia from New Zealand in '99. I am a registered nurse
working in a jail. So quitling is stress relief for me. My QI's are two
tanks of tropical fish and some Superb Parakeets but Pete ( the other
half )is a printer so has a good eye for colours. I have started two other
nurses and two lady prison officers quilting as well. I machine quilt and
have bought a Janome 10001. But have been back to university studying so two
more assignments to go and whoo hoo stitching heaven.Hope all the newbies
stay as this is a great bunch of folk here .. trish in Sydney
www.communitywebsots.com/user/trishinsydney

Old January 4th 05, 08:32 AM
Sharon Harper

Welcome home Joy - does this mean you are around for always now? BTW are
there any photos of you around anywhere - with the description you gave of
your heritage and having seen those gorgeous Hawaiin ladies in person I can
only imagine your beautifulness. No, seriously!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"Joy" wrote in message
news snipped:

Old January 4th 05, 08:40 AM
Sharon Harper

Trishie is suffering from NYE too! Shouldn't that be "webshots" in the
siggy line, not "web sots". Hugs and LOL

Old January 4th 05, 09:44 AM
Roberta Zollner

Roberta in D (because I live in Deutschland with my German DH, even though I
am American). 2 grown DDs, no critters. DH says he's allergic, although he
quite likes birds. Started sewing age 6, and just realized that I can
celebrate my 50th year behind a sewing machine this year! Quilting for only
about half that time though. I do mostly machine work but hand quilted 2
queen-size wholecloths just to prove I could :-)
Roberta in D

"frood" wrote in message
[...]

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM