What I did to my hair today (Pretty much OT)

Old November 14th 03, 01:46 AM
BeckiBead

Default What I did to my hair today (Pretty much OT)

I call in today and find out I am getting my first unemployment check, for one
week, for $200. Not very much but the first one in a month and I am thrilled
****less. Things have been very tight around here.

So, I have been letting my hair grow and I decide to go get it trimmed. Trying
to keep looking like a civilized person during the growing out stage, LOL. Not
sure I can manage this. Ended up asking the hairdresser to strip out the black
that is saturated on my ends and take it back to it's natural dark brown color.
Two sets of stripping later (just my hair, girls, just my hair) it is bright
****ing orange, with a brown rinse over it. I went home with orange hair. So
of course, I stopped and bought hair color on my way home. One hour later, the
color is much more tolerable but my hair is fried like a green tomato in the
South, I am telling you. It looks like dark brown chocolate straw, and it is
broken off in parts. So much for letting it grow -- I think a lot of it broke
off and it is short again. LMAO. I have some Pantene on it now. Hoping to
save what is left.

I spent the money on my hair instead of going to the bead show tomorrow for
silver, and this is what I got, LOL. Sometimes I am just not smart about
stuff. I hope I can save it. I'm not sorry about the bead show, however. I
know this is blasphemy to most, but I have spent money on beads already this
month, I am poor, and I am saving to move. There is no reason to buy beads. I
don't even mind not doing it. I can get silver anywhere, right? It is always
so easy just to get it right there all in one place, oh well.

My hair dryer died too, and I spent about $15 on conditioners (plus the new
hairdryer plus the $75 at the hairdresser). A lot of money to look bad. LOL.
I do like the color now!

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old November 14th 03, 01:54 AM
BeckiBead

And, the follow up (hoping I can come back tomorrow and post that my hair is
saved, because I really like the color). I had this amazing gushing bloody
nose today -- it was 35 degrees before the wind chill today, and I was out in
it all day. The doctor that I work for part-time calls, and I have hair color
on, am worried about my hair and am holding tissues to both sides of my nose
and trying to talk to him, LOL. I can't stand that man. I can't wait to be
away from him.

However, here is the good news. I have developed some new habits in being home
the past month. One is that I am sleeping again -- this is a good thing. I
don't always sleep well. The second is that I have a deal with myself to
always dry my hair -- my hair is short, drys easily, doesn't need to be styled
and so drying it is something I never do. I went out in the 35 degree weather
tonight with wet hair, but it was only to buy a new hair dryer. I put plastic
on my windows, and between that and my promise to not leave the house with wet
hair any more I am hoping I can keep myself from being vastly sick this winter.

I can't wait to get to CA.

Old November 14th 03, 02:23 AM
Black Cat Beads

Snip from Becki

I can't wait to get to CA.

I cant wait until you are here... I am soooooo happy... and only about 5hrs
away too

Nicole
**********************************
http://www.blackcatbeads.com
http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackcatbeads
**********************************
ICQ# 78285557
Yahoo IM: blackcatbeads

Old November 14th 03, 04:50 AM
Jalynne

((((Becki))))

You really should have them refund some of your money for messing up your hair. My
hair got fried when i used the Pantene Deep conditioner, and when i called Proctor &
Gamble to complain, they not only reimbursed me for my product, but my salon visit,
and the cost of the products i had to use to repair the damage. Good luck!
--
Jalynne

Old November 14th 03, 05:27 AM
Cheryl

Becki

I think this story classes as being a "horrible example for others"

just when I was, once again, contemplating that temptation to add some
auburn/red to my hair --
a temptation I've had off and on over the years.....
I think I'll let it pass again...
LOL

poor baby ---
and - I heard there were snowflakes in the air in Columbus today....
none here

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old November 14th 03, 05:56 AM
Marissa Undercofler

I, like Kathy N-V, dye my own hair. It goes from medium/dark brown to a
light reddish orange for a day or two which I can deal with, and then to the
auburn color it is now. My mother, my sister, and myself all have
medium/dark brown hair. I hated it, and so when some friends of mine at the
private school I was at had some left over auburn dye I let them do mine.
After that I kept doing it myself because I liked it and still do. It goes
better with my complextion. My sister would argue that I just need some
blonde highlights, but I don't want them...she can keep them all for
herself....

Marissa

Old November 14th 03, 05:57 AM
Carol in SLC

Two sets of stripping later (just my hair, girls, just my hair) it is bright
****ing orange, with a brown rinse over it. I went home with orange hair.

AAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!! You shoulda waited until you got here to mess with your
hair!!! I'm glad it's not orange anymore though (but that mighta been cool on
Halloween!).

Carol in SLC
My latest creation (11/12): http://members.aol.com/CarolinSLC/rock.jpg
Old November 14th 03, 06:30 AM
BeckiBead

Nicole -- I am truly excited to be able to meet you. I think I have known you
longer than anyone else on RCB (except the AOL folks who migrate here. You are
someone I have always wanted to know.

Old November 14th 03, 06:33 AM
BeckiBead

Kathy -- it is not even close to what I have done to myself in the bathroom
late at night, LOL. Thank the drug store Gods that the drug stores around me
are open 24 hours (all of them) so that I can fix what mess I have made. I am
amazed they could fix you up and let you keep your hair. Shoot, mine was short
when it started and I look good with short hair, LOL. It was an experiment.
As usual, I just ended up throwing money away. I should have titled this --
Another Idiot Day, LOL.

The green hair story is priceless. I have heard of that happening. I can't
imagine.