Solar system set

Old October 4th 03, 10:38 PM
mkahogan

Default Solar system set

Are any of you lampworkers ever going to make a set of beads representing
the 9 planets? The Focal could be a big hot sun. Obviously, everything
could not be to scale, but it could be sort of done like when you see
mobiles or something. The big Gaseous planets are done bigger and the
planets like "our's" are done smaller.

I still think this would be just way too cool and have never seen it done.

KathyH

Old October 5th 03, 12:52 AM
Tink

I started a Solar System bead project over at Wet Canvas over a year ago, I
think. I never got further than Jupiter. LOL! I had always kind of figured I
would solve the Saturn dilemma with sterling wire wrapping.

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

"Lee S. Billings" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,

says...

Are any of you lampworkers ever going to make a set of beads representing
the 9 planets? The Focal could be a big hot sun. Obviously, everything
could not be to scale, but it could be sort of done like when you see
mobiles or something. The big Gaseous planets are done bigger and the
planets like "our's" are done smaller.

I still think this would be just way too cool and have never seen it

done.

Hey, I'd buy that! I might buy *several* of that, to have one for me and

others
to sell at cons!

(I've been thinking in terms of a "solar system" necklace made from stone

beads
for years. The problem is Saturn.)

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat

Old October 5th 03, 01:19 AM
Pam

ha, I just wrote last night in another thread further down that I was making
a solar system necklace for my mom's birthday. I have a gorgeous lampwork
sun bead and then the planets are all stones in various colors and sizes and
I'm going to use seed beads to make the rings on the planets with rings, and
stars, and the asteroid belt, and moons... it's going to be all free-form
and artsy. I would have loved to have found beads of the planets with the
rings right on them.... but then I don't think I would have gotten so
creative in making this thing work.

Pam

Old October 5th 03, 01:47 AM
Arondelle

Lee S. Billings wrote:

(I've been thinking in terms of a "solar system" necklace made from
stone beads for years. The problem is Saturn.)

If you poke around on Fire Mountain's website, in their "projects"
department, there are instructions for making a solar system necklace
with semi-precious stones.

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old October 5th 03, 02:41 AM
mkahogan

OOOOOOOOOO, cool, I can't wait to see pics when it's done.
If you use any natural stione, Azurite-Malachite would be perfect for Earth.
KathyH

Old October 5th 03, 02:42 AM
mkahogan

hmmm,
Will have to check that out.
KathyH

Old October 5th 03, 03:44 AM
Cheryl

(I've been thinking in terms of a "solar system" necklace made from stone beads

for years. The problem is Saturn.)

Celine

AHHH a challenge...LOL

maybe someday I will get around to it...

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old October 5th 03, 04:57 AM
Louis Cage

I made a set of marbles with each as a planet, plus the sun. Saturn wasn't
really that hard, but it was a bit wonky. For Mars I used green and reduced
it so the copper would come out.
I put them in a lidded jar (the kind bath oil beads come in) and etched
"some assembly required" on the jar.
Here's the pic if anyone is interested:
http://prod.bsis.bellsouth.net/coDat...1assembly1.JPG
--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques