Printing on plates and crockery

Old April 13th 04, 06:27 PM
Louise

Default Printing on plates and crockery

Does anyone know of a company that will print individual messages on
plates and other porcelain items? We are asking for a dinner service
on our wedding list and would like guests to be able to send us a
message to be printed on the reverse side of each piece.

Companies I have seen will print mugs and sometimes other items, but
generally have a high setup cost per design or a minimum quantity,
making separate messages per piece prohibitive.

Alternatively, does anyone know of an easy method of doing it
ourselves and still making the printing/writing dishwasher-proof?

Thanks,
Louise
Old April 23rd 04, 08:31 PM
Des

Hi

Why don't you consider having someone decoupage them for you - depends
on how many there are of course.
I, for instance, have decoupaged 50th birthday plates, baby plates -
and did a coaster range, where I had everyone write a message and send
them to me, and I decoupaged them onto individual coasters with a
coaster box, similarly with the birthday plates - but it was all
messages on one piece.

We use some products that say dishwasher proof, but I'm not sure that
it would last forever on the bottom rack.

Another suggestion perhaps would be to purchase a large platter and do
all the messages on the platter instead of individual plates.

I am a decoupeur, and we do decoupage under glass - so, you'd have a
clear class platter for instance, and we decoupage on the back of the
plate, so that you can use it ... I could recommend several other good
decoupeurs as well.

Just some thoughts on your request!
Take care
Des

Old May 5th 04, 06:52 PM
indium

Alternatively, does anyone know of an easy method of doing it
ourselves and still making the printing/writing dishwasher-proof?

Thanks,
Louise

there's stuff called waterslide (try ebay or
http://www.decalpaper.co.uk/laser_paper.html, theres also another
company i know of based in NJ pappilo or something like that) works
really well.