OT ~ Roses in the garden

Old May 26th 04, 12:40 AM
BeckiBead

MJ -- I didn't have time to go look until Sooz went nuts over your roses. Then
I HAD to look. And, because I am a Sooz wanna-be, I also made your roses my
wallpaper. What a terrific idea.

I swear I could smell them as I looked at the pictures!!!

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old May 26th 04, 12:56 AM
Margie

On Mon, 24 May 2004 18:52:08 -0700, "Mj"
wrote:

OR if you're on a *really* fast connection you can try this one page that
has they all:

http://www.halseytrading.com/roses2004.htm

Those are just beautiful! yummy

My pinks are just starting to bloom and my tea rose is suffering this
year. I think the peonies are too close, may have to move the bush
this year. Or it could be the beating it's taken with the two weeks
of storms. I'll take pictures and share too.

--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

Old May 26th 04, 01:08 AM
Debbie B

I have talked to a couple of gardening centers locally and am just holding
onto the ones I have.

The other thing I'm trying to grow is something that everyone has and it
grows good out here is hollyhocks. I am the only one who has problems
growing the stupid things. LOL I have one that has survived. I also gave
up and bought a trumpet vine along with a silver lace vine. So far those
are doing fantastic. My irises are just gorgeous and bountiful. Anyway,
sorry I get carried away.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
I love the pictures of your roses. Roses are one of my favorite flowers.

keep trying to grow them here but it's too hot I guess. I have 5 bushes
left out of the 8 I planted. I have one mini rose bush left out of 4.

The
mini's lasted 5 years so I think I got my $1.99 worth out of them. LOL

Oh yeah -- New Mexico isn't friendly to roses. But there *are* some

varieties
that are better suited to your climate. You should ask around at

nurseries
that specialize in roses to see which ones do better in dry desert

climates.
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

---

Old May 26th 04, 02:57 AM
Dr. Sooz

MJ -- I didn't have time to go look until Sooz went nuts over your roses.
Then
I HAD to look. And, because I am a Sooz wanna-be

Haw haw haw
Funny, because *I* am a Becki wannabe.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 26th 04, 02:58 AM
Dr. Sooz

I also made your roses my
wallpaper. What a terrific idea.

Because they are SO FREAKING GORGEOUS! Hey, Becks, once you're settled, maybe
we should drive up and harrass Mj.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 26th 04, 03:02 AM
Dr. Sooz

The other thing I'm trying to grow is something that everyone has and it
grows good out here is hollyhocks. I am the only one who has problems
growing the stupid things.

No you're not! Haw! Me too. Everyone out here grows them like crazy, and I
kill them. I've tried everything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong (I
usually have a very green thumb). Arrgh!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 26th 04, 03:42 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

Don't you just HATE to see a lovely bed with an ugly thistle or other weed
poking thru... You want to say, doesn't anybody care?

My problem in my front flower bed is invasive flowers and plants. I made the
mistake of planting a tiny little mint plant... and now I pull mint all the
time. And it doesn't even taste every good, it's some variety with an
unpleasant twang. And something else started popping up... very similar to
Queen Anne's Lace, but not as tall or as pretty, apparently grows by root
division and seeding... right now I'm digging it all up and putting in new
dirt to try to give something else a chance!
--
Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Love these stories. I am actually an avid weed-puller. Kevin tries to

stop me
from pulling other people's weeds when we go on a walk.....

And you're welcome to come visit any time - just bring your garden gloves
and sun hat. We always need another weed-puller around here and so far I
haven't been able to train any of the cats to do that....

~~
Sooz
-------

Old May 26th 04, 03:49 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

I have a hard time keeping roses happy. What is your secret? I'm allergic to
chemicals, so I don't spray them, and I think that's probably the problem.
We have lots of aphids and some black spot.

--
Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBead Auctions
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
PayPal Merchant Account
https://www.paypal.com/mrb/pal=7XJ98L86Z7S2C
"Mj" wrote in message
Some of our roses are already past their peak bloom, but others are just
coming on strong. Here's a few pink ones (and one lavender!) to drool

over:

http://www.halseytrading.com/rose1.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose2.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose3.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose3a.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose4.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose5.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose6.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose7.JPG

OR if you're on a *really* fast connection you can try this one page that
has they all:

http://www.halseytrading.com/roses2004.htm

Enjoy!

Mj
--
=================================
Marjean Cline - Certified Bead Enabler

Old May 26th 04, 03:57 AM
Margie

On Wed, 26 May 2004 02:49:49 GMT, "Karleen/Vibrant Jewels"
wrote:

I have a hard time keeping roses happy. What is your secret? I'm allergic to
chemicals, so I don't spray them, and I think that's probably the problem.
We have lots of aphids and some black spot.

Karleen, plant cloves of garlic around your bushes to ward off the
aphids. I have problems with black spot too. If we have to water, we
water the ground not the bush and I snip off the spotted leaves to
stop it from spreading and spread it does! We still get black spot
but have managed to keep it under control.

Old May 26th 04, 03:58 AM
starlia

Great tip Margie. I'm off to plant garlic by my roses tomorrow.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

OT The garden Jan G Beads 4 April 24th 04 03:58 AM
AD: Rose Garden On ebay --Beadbimbo Beadbimbo Beads 6 March 25th 04 03:17 PM
AD: Mints & Roses starlia Beads 15 March 19th 04 06:01 PM
AD: Floral Fantasy Garden Pendant CrystalLuv Beads 0 September 4th 03 06:32 PM
Ad: Garden Fantastique - New Lampwork Beadesignr Beads 8 August 4th 03 04:14 PM