Beaded cabochon

Old May 26th 04, 05:20 PM
Candace

I do bead stringing, mostly, along with some basic loom work and what's been
dubbed micromacrame. I'm working on crocheted wrist pouches with beads applied
to them, at the moment. I keep trying little bits of everything, so I'm sure
I'll get around to cabochons once I try out free form and off loom bead
weaving.

Thanks again Candace, that makes me feel good. What kind of beading do you
do? Beading the cabochon wasn't that difficult, and I think I'll get better
as I go along. If that is something you like, I'm sure you'd have no
trouble doing it.

Helene

"Candace" wrote in message
beaded cabochons are beyond my range of beadyness, I'm afraid But I can

say
that I know what I like, and I have a good idea of what is really pretty,

and
what is butt ugly---I like your very pretty beaded cab.

Thanks Candace, I am quite pleased with my first try. I would appreciate

any
comments if you see anything that I can do differently. I'm not always

the
best with color, and my bead assortment is small so far.

Helene

Old May 26th 04, 05:32 PM
Helene

Boy, you are very busy. Do you have pictures posted somewhere of your
purses? Don't know how much time I'll really find for this beading, but it
sure is fun.

Helene

Old May 26th 04, 09:07 PM
Candace

Nope, no pics just yet, excepting my very first "practice" pouch. I'm very new
to this, and will be posting a pic in a few days, under the heading of AD! My
first AD post in RCB

I have plenty of time to try different things right now, because I'm housebound
5-6 days a week. Dh works 45 miles away, and takes our only vehicle. Since
there is no public transportation here, nor anything within walking distance to
our house, the kids and I stay home all day, except for short trips to the
park. (Mosquitos are out in full force here, and I'm highly allergic to them,
so only short trips outside for us)

Old May 26th 04, 09:52 PM
Candace

Kathy N-V wrote:

DD is also highly allergic to mosquitoes. They leave huge (4" diameter)
welts that become infected and disgusting, not to mention painful. Her
pediatrician recommended that she take Claritin each morning, and a Benedryl
at night. The antihistamines prevent the horrible reaction from taking
place, and she no longer suffers.

Of course, we still give her plenty of bug repellent and sunscreen - no sense

tempting fate.

Kathy N-V

P.S.: If you have the scariest reaction, anaphylactic shock, as I do, please

check the experation date on your Epi-pen. The last time I needed to use
mine, I discovered it was expired, to my horror. Fortunately, it still
worked, but I've been a lot more careful since then.

My problem with the wee buggers is skin-centered, mostly. I get all the
symptoms of flu, too, but it's the skin issues that take me over completely.
the Doc said don't expect the scars to go away amnytime soon...and at last
count, there over 400 of them on my arms, legs, and feet. Blech!
~Candace~