Please help identify/value

Old November 13th 04, 04:23 PM
Sundog

Default Please help identify/value

It's a cover for a cheese plate. See the post below for further details,
"please help identify" posted by TS.

BTW, this is a non-binaries newsgroup....that means you do NOT post pictures
in here! You may post links to pictures, but no binaries. That's so that
actually valuable text posts (well....some are valuable, some are useless
banter) are not pushed off the server to make way for your photos. Thanks
for being considerate in the future.

CheeseDog

"Johnny" wrote in message
Itīs an art piece of the compagny ; val-saint-lambert
I got it from a inheritance of our family , he thought it was worth a lot

of
money
I am thinking of selling it , but I have no idea what this could be worth

..
Can someone help me to rate a value of this piece ?
Itīs about 15cm dia

Thanks in advance

Johnny

Old November 13th 04, 10:44 PM
Johnny

Dear CheeseDog

First of all sorry , I didnīt knew that I may not post pictures over here
an second I guess not that it is a cover because it is made of sollid glas ,
no opening

Johnny

"Sundog" schreef in bericht
nk.net...

.

Old November 13th 04, 11:52 PM
Javahut

"Johnny" wrote in message
Dear CheeseDog

First of all sorry , I didnīt knew that I may not post pictures over here
an second I guess not that it is a cover because it is made of sollid glas
,
no opening

Johnny

Its called a Paperweight, and it is worth what someone is willing to pay.
DO a search for French paperweights on ebay to get an idea of value. Val
st. Lambert are still made today and sold in gift shops.

Old November 14th 04, 01:28 AM
Moonraker

"Johnny" wrote in message
Dear CheeseDog

First of all sorry , I didnīt knew that I may not post pictures over here
an second I guess not that it is a cover because it is made of sollid glas

,
no opening

Johnny

That's why, every month, we post our FAQ's. Had you taken one minute to
investigate proper etiquette for this group by looking up the FAQ's you
would have learned that:

1. Binaries aren't permitted.
2. We DO glass, not buy it or appraise it for someone who has a dime-store
"treasure".

Old November 15th 04, 05:33 AM
nJb

Sundog wrote:

I still say it's a cheese dish cover.......;-)

I'm sticking with bell jars.

Jack