Are things slowing down?

Old May 27th 04, 04:02 AM
Kalera Stratton

You and me, girl! DH has had job offers in NC, PA, TX, NY, and other
states we cannot move to... heck, if we didn't have kids who share
custody with their dad here, we might even consider it. But we do love
it here, so the fact that we can't move is a blessing in disguise.

We manage to scrape by every month, but our debt is slowly mounting...
it's offically reached "OH MY GOD YOU'RE KIDDING" level. Hopefully
Mox will get full-time work soon.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Jayzor wrote:
Kandice Seeber wrote:

The employment rate is high, but it's been worse, and it seems to be
getting
better these days. It was worse last year. A lot of businesses are
doing
well. My husband's company is still hiring IT professionals and building
new stores.

I wish that were the case for my husband. He is an IT professional that
has been out of work since March 2003. He had an offer in Dallas, TX,
but we decided to sitck it out in Oregon. I just hope things get
better, but we really aren't seeing anything good happening around here.
My neighbor has also been out of work for over six months.

It makes me appreciate my job, though.

jayne

Old May 28th 04, 02:15 AM
Jayzor

We don't really want to move at all. The offer in Dallas really made us
think twice about moving away from here.

It is ugly in Portland, that is for sure. But the roses are blooming
like there is no tomorrow. I guess the poor economy makes them seem
brighter this year.

I hope your DH, and mine, both get jobs soon!

jayne