Freak Accident at Wally World *or* Praises for Waxed Linen Cord OTish

Old May 26th 04, 10:23 PM
Candace

Oh dear Goddess--who let that woman out of the nuthouse? That's grounds for
charges being filed! I have tons more to say about this, but right now, I'm in
a good mood, and don't want to ruin it.
*hugs back* thank you, Mavis

~Candace~

Old May 26th 04, 10:25 PM
Candace

Right on! Pictures! thanks, Sooz

I decided micromacrame was easiest.

We have classes in it around here. It's been called micromacrame every time
I've seen it.

http://www.micromacrame.com/

http://www.joanbabcock.com/Necklace/Nck001c.html
http://www.joanbabcock.com/Earrings/Earring.html

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 26th 04, 10:29 PM
Helene

That's the problem with all the hobbies I'm in. The materials are costly and
the time is more than I could ever get back if I sold my pieces, so I just
donate them to my church for their Chrismas sale.

Helene

"Candace" wrote in message
When I first posted that bracelet here, I asked for suggestions for a

name. I
got all kids suggested to me, but I decided micromacrame was easiest. I

also
liked off loom free form bead knotting I've never seen this style of

beading
before, so maybe it's an original? I'm just harboring the fear that what

I'd
ask for price wise wouldn't go over with the customers. It really is a

labor
intensive piece.

What is that kind of beading called? I bet the bracelets woud sell

great!!!

Helene

Old May 26th 04, 10:50 PM
AmazeR

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:23:47 +0000, Candace wrote:

Oh dear Goddess--who let that woman out of the nuthouse? That's grounds for
charges being filed! I have tons more to say about this, but right now, I'm in
a good mood, and don't want to ruin it.
*hugs back* thank you, Mavis

~Candace~

Thanks, Candace... I still feel like killing that woman!!! LOL

She had me going into trauma mode for days... grrr..

Glad your day is going along swimmingly... )

Hugs,

Mavis

Old May 26th 04, 11:44 PM
Su/Cutworks

Candace wrote:

any possibility of you having kept a picture of them? I'd love to

see..I've
never seen any other micromacrame.

Oh dear! They didn't have photographs back then. ;-) Anything I did have
would have perished in the house fire, which may be the only good thing
about that fire!

I like the term micromacrame. I used to do some very silly things with it
lo those many years ago, the smallest cord I used was sewing thread, I gave
up after about an inch of it. I did some with kite string that was fun but
very time consuming. I was young and had better eyesight than I do now!
Your bracelet gives me the knotting bug again though. I might have to get
some waxed linen. It might be an excuse to learn how to splice an eye in a
rope, something my husband has been griping about lately as we're putting
some new ropes on the boat.

See what you've started?

-Su

--
My Floating Needle blog at:
http://www.floatingneedle.co.uk

Old May 27th 04, 05:18 AM
KDK

Wow. Glad you were there!! What a save! Glad the baby was ok.

Kathy K
"Candace" wrote in message
So I just got back from w.Mart. Needed some baby wipes, some milk, the
usual...oh, and some beautiful blue crochet thread (the bag is talking to
me--it says if I want to put capri blue S. crystals on it, I need a band

of
blue crochet, too) and a pint of Haagen-Dazs that was on sale.

Anyways, as I'm walking in, I notice this guy, with his three kids. This

man
looks TIRED. Like...find me a dark room to play Rip Van Winkle in,

puh-lease!
He reaches the carts just a moment before me. I see that the oldest

child, a
boy, is holding the youngest child, a girl, roughly 7 and 1, respectively.

The
dad is lifting the middle child, another girl, about 3, into the cart.

(why
the 3 yr old was getting in the cart and not the 1 yr old, I'll never

know)
Just as my hand is reaching out for my own cart, side by side to theirs,

the
freak accident happens.

The 7yr old starts to drop the baby........the dad sees

this.....instinctively
reacts, and turns to the side to catch her........forgetting that he

needed to
actually get both feet of the 3 yr old into the foot holes and her butt on

the
set before she was "secure".........the 3 yr old slips, tumbles forward

and to
her left, right into............ME. Now, I was in the process of reaching

for
my cart, so my left arm was extended, and she fell right onto it. My hand
wasn't above the cart rail, but below it, and the unexpected weight of

that
child forced my hand down until......my Saucy Majestic Bracelet caught on

loose piece of metal; part of the cart itself.

You gotta picture this. She fell towards me from my left, onto the back

of my
left arm, with my palm facing down, and nothing to grab onto. The waxed

linen
cord that I strung the bracelet on caught on that spoke thingy and held,

with
her full body weight, long enough for my right arm to drop my lil purse

and
scoop under her.

There was no way I could have reacted fast enough to save her from hitting

the
concrete floor face first. So, I am singing praises for waxed linen cord,

and
cheap base metal clasps.

BTW.....I yelled at that guy for a good 3 minutes about the dangers of

having
children mind children, which was the cause of the incident in the first

place.
I felt kinda bd about it, because one look at him, and you could tell

that
getting yelled at was commonplace for him, and probably not usually

warranted.
He had abused, exhausted husband written all over him.

~Candace~