Pfaff machines

Old March 23rd 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pfaff machines

Yesterday I was checking out the Pfaff machines, specifically their sewing
machines for quilters. I was very impressed with the model I was looking at.
I'm pretty content with my machine, but I am thinking about investing in
this machine. Any comments on Pfaff. the model I'm looking at is 2029.

Old March 23rd 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

MNally:
Although I am not familiar with the 2029, I
must say I am very pleased with my Pfaff
7075. It is my second Pfaff. I liked the
first and only considered Pfaff when I wanted
to upgrade. I LOVE the IDF (integrated dual
feed.) NAYY.
PAT in VA/USA

Old March 23rd 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I've had the 2030 for about 5 years... and I love it! The only thing I wish it had... that it
doesn't, is the empty bobbin indicator! I hate sewing a 40 inch strip... and realizing at the end
that I ran out of bobbin thread 2 inches in!

Kate in MI

Old March 24th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It would be a good idea to go test drive the Pfaff yourself for at least a
hour. Do the things you're likely to do - whether fancy stitching while
pivoting a heavy corner or attaching lace to yer bloomers or whatever. My
SMIL sewed professionally for at least 50 years and could sew on anything -
except my Pfaff. That Pfaff could do everything - except make friends with
that dear old lady. Polly

Old March 24th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have a 7510 and the motor went out on it in the 4th year. The dealer would
not do anything for me so I just brought it home. It's sitting in the
closet. This was next to the top of the line when I bought it. Never again.

I purchased a new Bernina and I love it!

Diane S. Keagy

Old March 24th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My Pfaff is a Performance 2056 and I love it!!!!!! It has amazing quilting
abilities - better than me most of the time! haha! I don't know much about
the 2029. I do know there are quilting models and embroidery models. I (so
far) haven't been interested in embroidery so I haven't looked at those.
Pfaff is a great machine. Good luck with your search!!!!

Laurie G.

Old March 24th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ugh, I feel your pain. But no one else's ...
not since making friends w/ Three Buck
Chuck!! My Pfilomina Pfaff 7570 does have
low bobbin indicator.
PAT

Old March 24th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I love my 2034 - couldn't tell you anything about the specific model you're
looking at, but definitely take it for a test drive in the store. Any decent
store should be able to let you do that.

Old March 24th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default was Pfaff machines now OT question

I was too quick with the delete key and then said to self:
I know that "Two Buck Chuck" is wine, but what brand and where does one
find it?
I've heard that it is very good.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

t...

Old March 24th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Two Buck Chuck (was was Pfaff machines now OT question)

"Bonnie Patterson " wrote in message
I was too quick with the delete key and then said to self:
I know that "Two Buck Chuck" is wine, but what brand and where does one
find it?
I've heard that it is very good.

It's at Trader Joe's. The brand is Charles Shaw, and it's usually $1.99
(hence the Two Buck Chuck.) You can find the nearest TJ's to you at
http://www.traderjoes.com/locations/index.asp NAYY.

It's very popular with my quilt group, and is mostly good, but there's an
occasional dud. Even the duds work as cooking wine. *grin*

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Repair manuals for Pfaff 6091 and 1540? Doug McLaren Sewing 2 May 15th 09 04:21 AM
pfaff 1016 Brian Christiansen Quilting 5 October 8th 05 06:08 PM
pfaff 1016 Brian Christiansen Quilting 0 October 8th 05 07:02 AM
Huskystar, Bernina, Elna machines Maria Drago Sewing 0 August 10th 04 04:46 PM