Progress in spite of heat

Old July 31st 05, 12:00 AM
the black rose

Debra wrote:
It's a little
frustrating, because I can't even turn a doorknob. At least bike riding
doesn't stress it, thank goodness. I do put some weight on that hand on
the handlebar, but the wrist is in a neutral position so it doesn't hurt
at all.

Yikes! That sounds terrible. Definitely not carpal tunnel. You
can't put weight on your wrist when you have that. I'm not sure how a
brace could help your wrist. Even with a brace on you can usually
rotate your wrist to some degree because your whole lower arm turns
too. That would be very frustrating.

Exactly. The brace does interfere with wrist rotation slightly, but not
very much. So I'm not really sure what the doc was thinking.

To be fair, it wasn't my regular doctor. This was actually a woman I'd
never met, on a day she was swamped, and I think she was grateful to
have what she thought was a quick get-a-brace-on-it kind of case. It
turned into a comedy of errors as well on the nursing end, with me
contemplating the irony of spending an hour huddled under a blanket in a
*freezing* cold exam room while it was 95 F outside. When I took to
roaming the halls to keep warm, the nursing staff "found" me. It was
pretty funny, all-in-all. But I need to make an appt with my real doc
and have a real discussion about it, because the brace isn't helping a bit.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old July 31st 05, 12:03 AM
the black rose

Sandy Foster wrote:

In article ,
Debra wrote:

My town hadn't had any rain in over a month and a half, and little
rain in the months before that, so we have drought conditions here.

We've been in a drought for about four years now. At this point, Lake
Mead has lost over 40' of water, and that's a lot of water! Our couple
of weeks of temps over 110? with no relief has turned the plants/lawns
in most people's yards to an ugly brown. We keep hoping for rain....

Jiminy. I was riding along the Chenango River today and the folks I was
riding with were commenting on how low it was, but all we've had is a
dry month. We had record flooding earlier this year (that was
interesting -- in the Chinese curse sense of the word -- with lots of
"you can't get there from here" moments).

Is Australia still having a drought? I know they were still having a
pretty brutal one last year. I hope the Aussies will comment.

Old August 1st 05, 11:06 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

That's hard for me to picture Lake Mead that low. I don't think I've ever
seen it like that.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
Debra wrote:

My town hadn't had any rain in over a month and a half, and little
rain in the months before that, so we have drought conditions here.

We've been in a drought for about four years now. At this point, Lake
Mead has lost over 40' of water, and that's a lot of water! Our couple
of weeks of temps over 110? with no relief has turned the plants/lawns
in most people's yards to an ugly brown. We keep hoping for rain....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education