collar question

Old May 14th 04, 09:36 AM
Kate Dicey

FtForger wrote:

This pattern http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/di...em_num=9411SIM
has a lot of design mods available in the same pattern. Long sleeves,
short sleeves, mid length sleeves,pockets, no pockets,
v shaped hem, curved hem, straight hem. I think if we just adjust to a
size larger we may have exactly what she wants...

I cannot argue with anything you or Kay have said: it's all good stuff!
Just be aware that Simplicity patterns tend to come out HUUUUUGE! The
last couple i used, I had to hack so mush out of them that I wrote to
them with my concerns, and they sent me a couple of vouchers to try
again! I 'bought' costume patterns with those vouchers, as their
costume patterns tend to be much better drafted for some reason!

Kwick Sew have a similar pattern
(http://www.kwiksew.com/Cold_Fusion/c.../Frame_New.cfm) that works
well (I've used it). They also do LOTS of other lovely tops and blouses.

All in all, you're doing amazingly well for a beginner... collars and
set in sleeves are two of the toughest things outside of fitting, and
it sounds like you're managing nicely!

Thanks...Sharon has said the same. My older sister claims I got all of
the "good genes" in the family..the sewing gene from mom's side, the
cooking gene from dad's (Italian) side, the calmness gene from the milk
man....

Hehehehehehe! My sisters say *I* got all the domestic goddess genes,
plus a doze of idleness so some are wasted! I *CAN* clean and tidy -
very well, and extremely thoroughly - but I'd rather play with fabric or
cook!

BTW, have you looked at and filled in a measurement chart from my web
site? It's in the Sewing Room section. It might help you get more
accurate pattern sizes. It would certainly help you to see where her
fitting issue areas are. If you compare her measurements to a standard
measurement chart, you may find she has broad shoulders for her torso,
or a smaller bust. Both of these can throw a pattern out considerably.
You might also benefit from a couple of books on fitting. There are
some on the Book List on my site. They would help you correct for any
problem areas. I don't sell - it's just information. Most of the books
on the list are available through Amazon, or you can order through any
local bookshop.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Newbie question - drilling stones Polly Stewart Jewelry 0 January 11th 05 07:21 AM
A question for lampworkers Diana Curtis Beads 42 May 7th 04 07:26 PM
My next project Trish Brown Sewing 11 April 27th 04 10:42 AM
Question about count Amberinauburn Needlework 22 April 21st 04 12:09 AM
Not really an AD, but a marketing question, need advice Kandice Seeber Beads 26 April 4th 04 10:39 AM