*groan* WHY did i buy THIS?

Old January 25th 04, 04:06 PM
Trishty

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:54:13 -0500 (EST), wrote:

Please send me the gold iridescent snakeskin, I need to make some
draft dodgers for the doorways.

My (what I think we Brits would call) draught-excluders are made out of my
old pigskin trousers. They're fantastic - pliable, hard-wearing, still
holding up after two years. I just cut long strips and nailed them to the
bottom of the door on either side (there was a huge uneven gap because of
the stone flags, and commercial ones didn't fit).

Trish
Old January 25th 04, 05:12 PM
SewStorm

Maybe you could use it for trimming on an outfit? or a hat? or cuffs &
collars? or ???...

There's always the home dec route. What about covering a chair, or making
pillows, or using it as a dust cover?

real fur. I had a couple of yards of faux fur and finally threw it over the
sofa. It's now the throw of choice for the whole family on chilly winter
nights. Completely unfinished, it just gets folded up and draped over the back
of the couch (which is faux leather, so it gets COLD in the winter).

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old January 25th 04, 09:14 PM
Kate Dicey

"Åsa W" wrote:

"Penny S"
save it , you never know....

Absolutely! And that is why I have boxes and boxes of
strange materials. I have moved house several times the
last 10 years and in one of the moves, I threw away lots of
stuff like several meters of a 70´s big-floral fabric. I
thought it was awful. I still think it was, but my
25-year-old DD is really upset over such stupidity. Moral:
I´ll NEVER throw anything away again! I´ll probalbly have to
buy another house to use for storage, but, hey, that´s OK,
don´t ya´ll agree?! ;-)

Asa

Of course! Throwing stuff out is against The Code! ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 25th 04, 11:29 PM
Maine-iac Rose

I got most of it to make a vest for hubby, but it wasn't enough when I
finally got around to putting the patterns on the fur, so either he has to
loose some weight, or it will be a vest for some1 else, or I well eventually
find something to use it for.
I almost didn't purchase it either, but $6 for a small pelt of real fur was
a good buy, so I picked out a few of them, and there they sit, just waiting,
along with my other stash of material and yarn waiting to be made into
something useful.

Maine-iac Rose

Old January 25th 04, 11:35 PM
Pogonip

Maine-iac Rose wrote:

real fur. I had a couple of yards of faux fur and finally threw it

over the

sofa. It's now the throw of choice for the whole family on chilly winter
nights. Completely unfinished, it just gets folded up and draped over the

back

of the couch (which is faux leather, so it gets COLD in the winter).

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

My cats love faux fur, so I put a remnant of some in a
basket, and the two of them curl up in it for naps.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

Old January 26th 04, 01:11 AM
joy beeson

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:11:14 -0500, The Cow Goddess
wrote:

i have 3 metres of gold irridescent fake snakeskin!!!!!

How wide?
Knitted or woven?
Do you have any red velour?
Is your figure imposing or slender?

Bip over to rec.arts.SF.fandom -- they have a saying:
Fandom means never having to say
"Where would I ever wear that?"

(Doesn't help me, since I never go to conventions.)

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ -- Writers' Exchange

Old January 26th 04, 03:27 AM
Maine-iac Rose

sorry we don't have cats, and hubby is allergic to them (cats that is).

Old January 26th 04, 02:17 PM
SewStorm

I got most of it to make a vest for hubby, but it wasn't enough when I
finally got around to putting the patterns on the fur, so either he has to
loose some weight, or it will be a vest for some1 else, or I well eventually
find something to use it for.

Hmm, I see fur hats, collars, mittens, and that cool little scarf that is about
30" long, with a slit in one end, about 1/4 of the way up, for the other side
to slide into (it can be lined in satin for total luxury around your neck). You
could even make a fur handbag.

That will teach your hubby to gain weight on you. ;-
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old January 26th 04, 09:31 PM
AmazeR

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:16:13 +0100, Åsa W wrote:

"Penny S"
save it , you never know....

Absolutely! And that is why I have boxes and boxes of
strange materials. I have moved house several times the
last 10 years and in one of the moves, I threw away lots of
stuff like several meters of a 70´s big-floral fabric. I
thought it was awful. I still think it was, but my
25-year-old DD is really upset over such stupidity. Moral:
I´ll NEVER throw anything away again! I´ll probalbly have to
buy another house to use for storage, but, hey, that´s OK,
don´t ya´ll agree?! ;-)

Asa

Oooooh Noooooo, YOU THREW STUFF AWAY???????

How could you, you SINNER!!!!

I too have boxes & boxes of material...

NEVER will I throw ANY of it out though.

Mavis