*groan* WHY did i buy THIS?

Old January 24th 04, 04:31 PM
Maine-iac Rose

Default *groan* WHY did i buy THIS?

well I have some real fur that I purchased last year, knew that I wanted it
for something, but didn't know what, so they still sit. the reason I
purchased them, the price was right. I did how ever use part of 1 to make
myself a hat, and the fur was the lining of the ear muffs of the hat.
although I forgot to put some kind of fastener on the earmuffs before sewing
them up, but it works for me.
I'm sure you'll find something to use it for, if not now, eventually.

Maine-iac Rose
@---

"The Cow Goddess" wrote in message

i have 3 metres of gold irridescent fake snakeskin!!!!!

maybe it followed me home?

angela

--
The Cow Palace has moo-ved!
http://webhome.idirect.com/~rouquinne/

Old January 24th 04, 05:28 PM
Trish Brown

Penny S wrote:

save it , you never know....

penny

Aaaahhhh (nodding sagely) - the sewists' mantra!

Do you have a DD, angela?

DDs just *love* long, flowing ballgowns made out of such fabrics! I made my own
DD a golden satin ballgown when she was three and I've let it out a zillion
times for her. Now she's nine and she's *still* trying to cram herself into it
(with not much success, I have to say)

Is the fabric stretch or woven?

If it's stretch, you could make yourself a for-home-only unitard to slither
around the house in. Pyjamas? Sexy nightie?

If it's woven, you could cover books with it (well, I'm only trying to be
helpful!) or make a small tent or curtains for your bedroom?

If none of these calls to you, I'm with Penny: save it, you never know...

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old January 24th 04, 07:54 PM

*groan* WHY did i buy THIS?

(The=A0Cow=A0Goddess)
i have 3 metres of gold irridescent fake snakeskin!!!!!
maybe it followed me home?

---
angela, I have an H who is afraid of snakes. We could prolly come to a
fabric swap argeement.
Please send me the gold iridescent snakeskin, I need to make some
draft dodgers for the doorways.
Cea recalling, once again, "The Twits" by Ronald
Dahl, and quite amused at the thought

Old January 24th 04, 08:12 PM
AmazeR

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:11:14 -0500, The Cow Goddess wrote:

i have 3 metres of gold irridescent fake snakeskin!!!!!

maybe it followed me home?

angela

3m is a lot...

Maybe you could use it for trimming on an outfit? or a hat? or cuffs &
collars? or ???...

AmazeR

Old January 24th 04, 09:37 PM
M00ie

I say that to my self everytime I get home with a bootfull of yet more "one
day" fabric - I now have a room full. But heck ONE DAY!

Old January 25th 04, 12:04 AM
Pogonip

Kate Dicey wrote:

The Cow Goddess wrote:

i have 3 metres of gold irridescent fake snakeskin!!!!!

maybe it followed me home?

angela

One has to ask why you let it follow you... Hell's teeth! It's FABRIC,
silly girl! It ain't got no brain! ;P

Now you just go out and get some iridescent snakeskin cowboy boots to go
with it, y'hear!

Kate, Kate, Kate. You simply must put a warning when you
do this. I can't afford to keep replacing keyboards!

I must admit that I wish I could hear you, and not just
read this. I'm having quite a time trying to imagine the
mixture of accents.

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

Old January 25th 04, 10:32 AM
Kate Dicey

Pogonip wrote:

Kate Dicey wrote:

The Cow Goddess wrote:

i have 3 metres of gold irridescent fake snakeskin!!!!!

maybe it followed me home?

angela

One has to ask why you let it follow you... Hell's teeth! It's FABRIC,
silly girl! It ain't got no brain! ;P

Now you just go out and get some iridescent snakeskin cowboy boots to go
with it, y'hear!

Kate, Kate, Kate. You simply must put a warning when you
do this. I can't afford to keep replacing keyboards!

I must admit that I wish I could hear you, and not just
read this. I'm having quite a time trying to imagine the
mixture of accents.

Hehehehe! Not telling... ;D

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 25th 04, 01:16 PM
Åsa W

"Penny S"
save it , you never know....

Absolutely! And that is why I have boxes and boxes of
strange materials. I have moved house several times the
last 10 years and in one of the moves, I threw away lots of
stuff like several meters of a 70´s big-floral fabric. I
thought it was awful. I still think it was, but my
25-year-old DD is really upset over such stupidity. Moral:
I´ll NEVER throw anything away again! I´ll probalbly have to
buy another house to use for storage, but, hey, that´s OK,
don´t ya´ll agree?! ;-)

Asa

Old January 25th 04, 04:06 PM
Trishty

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:11:14 -0500, The Cow Goddess wrote:

i have 3 metres of gold irridescent fake snakeskin!!!!!

No problemo - use to to line a black velvet evening cape, then pretend to
be a glamorous vampire.

Trish