Rulers

Old February 8th 04, 10:23 PM
Louise

My favorite is a Quilter's Rule that's 6-1/2 inches by 24 inches. It's clear
with black markings, and I don't have any problem reading it at all. But
then, I've been using it for something like 17 years, so we've become good
friends!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"Sherry Starr" wrote in message
Does anyone have a favorite ruler? I'm just talking a regular ruler, not
the triangle ones, just the regular straight ruler. I have a Quickline II
by Nancy Crow that is 3 x 18. I love this ruler. It has all the markings
in black, and the ruler itself is clear. I have another one that is an
Omnigrid that is the same size. I don't like this ruler. The ruler is
clear, but all the markings are black with yellow over the black. I think
it is hard to read. I would love to have another Quickline since mine has
several rotary cut shavings taken from it. I will continue looking for

one.
I just wondered if anyone has a favorite ruler they use more than others.
Sherry Starr

Old February 8th 04, 10:28 PM
Judy Kerr

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Sherry Starr wrote:

[...]

My six by twenty four Creative Grids ruler!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

I love my 6.5 x 24.5 Creative Grids ruler, too! I have an Omnigrid 9.5
square that drives me nuts 'coz it always slips.

Judy in UK
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old February 8th 04, 10:44 PM
frood

I have an Omnigrid 6.5x24, and I really like it! I'm going to be looking at
MAQF to see if anybody is selling the Omnigrip ones - I'd like a 6x12 for
classes.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
om...

"Karlee in Kansas" wrote in message

but I
know that if you want mine, you will have to pry them from my cold dead
fingers.

That can be arranged! ;-)

What brand is your 6.5 x 24? If I can find one to buy, I won't have to pry
them from your cold, dead fingers. *grin*

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old February 8th 04, 10:48 PM
KJ

I have to give a cheer for the Creative Grid rulers too! I have several of
them. They are easy to read and don't slip.
Kathyl

Old February 9th 04, 12:10 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,

I may be
switching gradually, though, to the new Omnigrip rulers, since they
literally grip the fabric when you push down on them. I love the 6.5"
square I bought!

Do you know if they make a 6.5 x 24" ruler? (Looking forward to the Baseball
Swap and Spring Training! *grin*)

I *think* they do, Kathy! I remember thinking that the extra 1/2"
width was a great idea. That's what I'm going to replace my current 6" x
24" with, since it's gotten cracked and will probably finish breaking
almost anytime now. G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net -- put s-foster@ in front
Old February 9th 04, 12:21 AM
Kathy Applebaum

Okay, search engine, friend, all that. Looks like they make a 6 x 24 and an
8.5 x 24. Hmmm.... 8.5" is very intriguing. It may just wind up on my next
order from my wholesaler...

Old February 9th 04, 01:19 AM
Julia Altshuler

I use my 6" x 24" Fiskars ruler all the time. I am not particularly
gentle. After 10 years of hard use, I finally rubbed enough of the
markings off that I needed to replace it. I went out and bought exactly
the same thing and expect another 10 years of use from this one. Maybe
more. The fact that I'm good at reading numbers upside down and
backwards meant that I was able to put my fingers on the printed side.
Now I'm being careful to put printed side down so I won't rub off the
print so easily this time. I found my ruler for a good price at Walmart.

I've used the yellow and black Omnigrid at guild meetings when we're all
using each other's stuff. At first I thought trying to read that would
give me a headache, but it didn't. I got used to it well enough but
never liked it enough to consider using one every day.

--Lia

Old February 9th 04, 03:49 PM
BDS2pds

I like the O'Lipfa ruler for 24 inch needs but after that I stole my husband's
Johnson dry wall t-square that is allunimum .. It is 48 inches so perfect for
most fabric and GREAT for lining it up, straightening quilts...... Got it at
Lowes-cheap.
Old February 9th 04, 05:57 PM
Kathy in CA

I have a 18"x6" clear ruler with black markings--dont know the brand though
as I am typing this at work I have seen the Onmigrid with the yellow
lines and it just looks too BUSY and hard too read.

--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff: