Should I rescue this machine? [not OT]

Old May 26th 12, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default Should I rescue this machine? [not OT]

http://ventura.craigslist.org/art/3038776418.html

Posted in my town. Do i need this one, too?

Ginger in CA
[hey, where is everybody?]
Old May 26th 12, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Ginger in CA" wrote in message
http://ventura.craigslist.org/art/3038776418.html

Posted in my town. Do i need this one, too?

Ginger in CA
[hey, where is everybody?]

This looks exactly like my new one in 68 ( or sometime around there.)
Mine was a slant needle and I loved it as it was my first SM with the fancy
stitches and built in buttonhole. The plastic cam finally gave out, and
would not pick up the thread. I could have gotten a new SM for what I paid
for a repair and 1 yr. warranty. I would suggest you try out the craiglist
SM before you buy it!
Barbara in SC

Old May 26th 12, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 26/05/12 15:46, Ginger in CA wrote:
http://ventura.craigslist.org/art/3038776418.html

Posted in my town. Do i need this one, too?

Ginger in CA
[hey, where is everybody?]

Have no comment on the machine, but I've been busy with work, the chesty
lurgy and finally this week enjoying spending time planting stuff in the
SUNSHINE!

Lizzy in sunny England

Old May 26th 12, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Only if the model number is an early 600 -i.e. before the "620" model
(i.e. 600, 603). After that, Singer started using drive belts and
plastic gears.

-Irene

Old May 27th 12, 03:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

My mom had one back when I was a kid ... she could make it do amazing things. But I've not read good things about them in general.

Sunny
(I'm here)
Old May 27th 12, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Yard art.

Ragmop/Sandy

On 5/26/12 9:46 AM, in article
, "Ginger in CA"

Old May 27th 12, 05:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I have 3 or 4 old machine heads planted out amongst the flowers
in the yard here. They are fun. They were all pretty dead when I
put them outside though. A mouse made a home of one of them and
nearly drove the pooch crazy!
taria

"Sandy E" wrote in message ...

Howdy!

Yard art.

Ragmop/Sandy

On 5/26/12 9:46 AM, in article
, "Ginger in CA"

Old May 27th 12, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Hmm -probably not. Never heard anybody praise this model, and the
drop-in bobbin would be a deal-breaker for me anyway.
Roberta in D

Old May 27th 12, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Okay, I decided against this one. I have 4 old Kenmores [1 is going to a co-worker soon], so I really do not need another machine.

Finishing up a baby quilt for my old jr high girlfriend's first grandbaby. Then a couple of PAP [portable art project] items - something I am having fun with.

Ginger in CA
not on facebook, never will be

Old May 27th 12, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 7:46:06 AM UTC-7, Ginger in CA wrote:
http://ventura.craigslist.org/art/3038776418.html

Posted in my town. Do i need this one, too?

Ginger in CA
[hey, where is everybody?]

Knitter to the rescue Vintage Purls Yarn 3 April 30th 07 06:13 PM
Rescue me, I need linen help! Dr. Brat Needlework 12 November 20th 06 03:12 PM
really into my 'rescue' quilts Dr. Quilter Quilting 4 August 18th 06 04:11 PM
my rescue quilts DrQuilter Quilting 3 December 10th 05 12:00 PM
Rescue 911 for my Rollataq? The Therouxs Rubberstamps 2 November 25th 03 01:14 AM