Serger is here!

Old March 3rd 12, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Serger is here!

Would you be surprised if I told you that corn flakes are made by Chevrolet?
Not true but life has gotten about that complicated. Back Dec 30 my
precious techy guy urged me to replace my serger before weighting down the
control cord with a hefty 4-battery flashlight to make it go gave out.
My 'old' serger is a Bernina but parts are no longer (25 years or so)
available. I found a nearly identical model made by Juki (Japan) available
at Allbrands. She's here. They even threaded her so I wouldn't have to go
through threading a new serger trauma. Lots of thread, very interesting
accessory new feet, a cd, a manual, a workbook, and a tool box + some stuff
I'll never figure out.
All of us hurt when Japan suffered such devastation. I was grateful
that I had some UFOs that I could finish and send to wrap their homeless . .
.. but they are survivors. Post Katrina, we know a lot about surviving. The
new Juki MO655 is a honey, love at first sight. And we hoist one to
survivors. Aren't we all? Polly

Old March 3rd 12, 06:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

We are all survivors, Polly. And indeed we'll hoist one to Japan, new sergers, sewing machines in general and survivors everywhere. I'm so glad you have a new machine. I've already decided that my next machine will probably be a straight stitch Juki so I can 'draw' with thread all I want without fear of overheating or mangling thread or ... anything. They go fast and make wonderfully neat stitches and can handle just about anything. Sounds like somebody is making good stuff and we're lucky to be able to buy it.

Happy serging ...
Sunny
Old March 3rd 12, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Mar 2, 10:56*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

congrats on the new serger---

Getting Serger Help Jill Pochik Quilting 4 October 19th 05 02:11 PM
OT - used serger NinaJ Quilting 25 October 7th 04 04:04 PM
Do I Want A Serger? QuilterD Sewing 7 January 10th 04 06:53 PM
Serger Progect Book. 56 Great serger ideas! madhatress Marketplace 0 July 31st 03 01:48 AM