Good website to learn quilting/patchwork

Old July 12th 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle

Default Good website to learn quilting/patchwork

Hi

Can anyone tell me a website that i might be able to learn from? I have
never done patchwork before and am very keen to learn.

Thanks
Michelle

Old July 12th 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

The first place that comes to mind is:
www.quiltuniversity.com
Several people in this group have taken lessons; and, with one or two
exceptions, have found the classes excellent.
The classes are many and varied, and the whole organisation is structure
so that you can work in the way that best suits you. You can ask
questions even!
I suggest you go to the site and have a look to see what's on offer?

From your question, I presume you are unable to find classes locally, at
a Quilt Shop or some such? There might be someone, known to the people
in the Quilt Shop, who would give you a few private lessons?

If you have a local shop, pop in and see what they suggest.
..

In message
, Michelle
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 12th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
C&S

Danielle did post the following link that I think is informative. Now that
I'm addicted, I thought I'd pass it along for others to enjoy. I did watch
Eleanor Burns make Christmas stockings. What a hoot she is! Thanks again
Danielle for another item on the addiction list! LOL

www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com

Old July 12th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Welcome, Michelle, to the big, wide, wonderful world of quilting. ;-D

One of your best tools is the search engine. Google or Yahoo get
me to most of the info I want/need about quilting.
Here are a few sources to get some basics about quilting:

http://mccallsquilting.com/lessons/

http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/

http://www.sew-whats-new.com/quiltlessons/

http://www.kathkwilts.com/lessons/

And of course, RCTQ--right here--is full of knowledge, advice, fun
and a few smart alecks who enjoy quilting & playing w/ quilts. ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy

On 7/12/06 12:58 AM, in article
, "Michelle"

Old July 12th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Anytime! I've got it going in the background as I read through the
newsgroups at the moment....there are quite a few interesting programs
if you don't mind Eleanor's unusual communication methods! :-) She's
very unique, but she's a great teacher!

Dannielle

Old July 12th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Betsy Ross

I like http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.ne...inePiecing.htm.
More tips and free patterns are available from the home page with
membership.

Old July 12th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Michelle-

This website is the most comprehensive quilting info that I've ever
seen. It has great instructions on every sort of piecing, applique and
quilting technique. Have fun and good luck!

http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.co...ry/Library.htm

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 12th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

Here's a site that has basic "how-2s" plus loads of free patterns:
http://www.quilterscache.com/
one of my favs.
ME-Judy

Old July 12th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

http://quilting.about.com/od/stepbystepquilting/
I've subscribed to this (free!) one for
ages ... always something of interest in
the newsletters. PAT

Old July 13th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle

Thanks everyone for your info.

We are going to have classes where i live (rural country town in Australia)
but not for a few months yet and i thought i might have a go at doing
something simple prior to the classes starting. I will give it a go!

Michelle