New Fun Glass Stuff

Old November 11th 04, 02:38 AM
Karen_AZ

Default New Fun Glass Stuff

Val Cox, glass "pusher" extraordinaire, is now selling "shards"....lightbulb
thin pieces of glass that drape, pull, swirl, and do other way cool stuff
and end up oh-so-watercolory delicate. I looooove this stuff! The
possibilites by themselves are mind-boggling....then add that to frit,
goldstone, enamels......(the shriek you hear is me on glass overload)!!!!!

Here's a first peek at some pretties fresh outta the kiln. This is going to
be fun....

http://www.desertdreameraz.com/FirstShards.jpg

--
KarenK
www.desertdreameraz.com

Old November 11th 04, 02:42 AM
Beadbimbo

Oooooooooooooooo, Karen! I love those! What's the COE on the shards? We
used some in Stevie Belle's class that were Bullseye.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old November 11th 04, 02:50 AM
Karen_AZ

Oooooooooooooooo, Karen! I love those! What's the COE on the shards? We
used some in Stevie Belle's class that were Bullseye.

That's where Val learned about them! G And THANK YOU! These are FUN!

Her shards are made from Gaffer glass so they're 96, but good heavens,
they're so thin I'm betting they could be used carefully with BE or Moretti.
I'm going to try some with Moretti tomorrow. cross your fingers, folks!

KarenK

Old November 11th 04, 03:30 AM
Tinkster

WOW! Those are GORGEOUS!!!

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:38:30 -0700, "Karen_AZ"
wrote:

Val Cox, glass "pusher" extraordinaire, is now selling "shards"....lightbulb
thin pieces of glass that drape, pull, swirl, and do other way cool stuff
and end up oh-so-watercolory delicate. I looooove this stuff! The
possibilites by themselves are mind-boggling....then add that to frit,
goldstone, enamels......(the shriek you hear is me on glass overload)!!!!!

Here's a first peek at some pretties fresh outta the kiln. This is going to
be fun....

http://www.desertdreameraz.com/FirstShards.jpg

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old November 11th 04, 05:52 AM
~Candace~

beadgasm
Dayum.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old November 11th 04, 05:59 AM
Karen_AZ

beadgasm
Dayum.

--
~Candace~

Why thank you!!!! G Should I offer a cigarette now? G

(This stuff is sooo fun!)

KarenK (who just realized she can sleep in tomorrow, woohoo!)

Old November 11th 04, 06:08 AM
Kalera Stratton

Also, if you're into BE, they sell their own (they call it "confetti" at
ridiculously low prices in about a million colors:
http://www.bullseyeglass.com/connect...log/22-23.html

If you don't have their catalog, you should get it; you won't be sorry!

And of course, if you're into Moretti, it's not hard to make your own,
and also it's fun. You get to blow bubbles and smash them.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old November 11th 04, 06:21 AM
Karen_AZ

Also, if you're into BE, they sell their own (they call it "confetti" at
ridiculously low prices in about a million colors:

Oh duh!!!!! the wet squishy sound you hear is me smacking my brain

This may make me rethink my plans to phase out BE. You're really mean, yanno
that? G

KarenK (whose ADD shows up best with glass, apparently)