SUNDAY MORNING 8th October /Sukkot

Old October 8th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Default SUNDAY MORNING 8th October /Sukkot

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Good morning Sunday , it is Sukkot here = the feast of Tabernacle,
The weather is mild and nice to spend outside , with Stars shining
through the Cover of branches.
The time is good with pomegrandes, Dates , al kinds of Summer fruits
as well as the first signs of winter fruits enriching our tables with
their colors , smells and all the historical traditional stories they
bring with them.
During the week we have a half day holiday half day work, And every
where people travel , and visit museums and go to dance ,music,film
and theatre festivals , which are always Overflowing at this time of
year, But this year many of the Summer festivals , which couldn`t
happen during the WAR we had , have been postponed to this date ,,,,,
thus the whole country is one big Festival ,,,,
Good morning All.
mirjam

Good morning Mirjam.

I am glad to hear you are finally having pleasant days.

Shalom,
Dennis & Gail

Old October 8th 06, 10:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding
Good morning Sunday , it is Sukkot here = the feast of Tabernacle,
The weather is mild and nice to spend outside , with Stars shining
through the Cover of branches.

Sounds wonderful, Mirjam! Enjoy the good days!

Finally rain here, I have the week off, fall-holiday.
Earlier the pupils worked at farms to "harvest" potatoes.
It was called Potatoe Holiday.
I did so in my childhood and youth, but this is past now,
But the holiday is still here.
This time I am working with my kitchen, which shall get a "new look".
The cupboards are , as usual, delaied.
But I will do the paintingwork and preparations which is possible to do
now.
Have a nice sunday all of you!
Aud ;-)

Old October 8th 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shirley Shone

In message , Aud
writes

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding
Good morning Sunday , it is Sukkot here = the feast of Tabernacle,
The weather is mild and nice to spend outside , with Stars shining
through the Cover of branches.

Sounds wonderful, Mirjam! Enjoy the good days!

Finally rain here, I have the week off, fall-holiday.
Earlier the pupils worked at farms to "harvest" potatoes.
It was called Potatoe Holiday.
I did so in my childhood and youth, but this is past now,
But the holiday is still here.
This time I am working with my kitchen, which shall get a "new look".
The cupboards are , as usual, delaied.
But I will do the paintingwork and preparations which is possible to do
now.
Have a nice sunday all of you!
Aud ;-)

We used to have a week off school for Potato Picking week. Now it is
called half-term holiday.
We used to go to the local farms picking potatoes and getting a few
shillings for getting Christmas presents. Not as there were many of
those being as the WW11 was raging. It was the days when horses and cart
were still used.
I remember once when the farmer was being nasty to his horse and the
horse trod on his foot. The air was blue with bad language but we kids
could not help but laugh. He was a bad tempered farmer anyway who only
tolerated children because he needed them to get the potato harvest in,
being as they were cheaper to employ than women.

After I was married I went potato picking because I could take my under
school age boys with me. I got the money for my driving lessons that
way.
I bent picking for 8 hours just to pay for one driving lesson. My
driving instructor was kind and did not cut my hour short. Unlike some
of the DI,s who used to stretch the lessons out to get more money he did
not.
He used to say of all his pupils I was the most memorable because I had
worked the hardest to get my lessons, hard honest graft. I passed my
test after only 12 lessons.

Sorry to ramble but just a bit of English life. LOL
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old October 8th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Good morning Sunday , it is Sukkot here = the feast of Tabernacle,
The weather is mild and nice to spend outside , with Stars shining
through the Cover of branches.
The time is good with pomegrandes, Dates , al kinds of Summer fruits
as well as the first signs of winter fruits enriching our tables with
their colors , smells and all the historical traditional stories they
bring with them.
During the week we have a half day holiday half day work, And every
where people travel , and visit museums and go to dance ,music,film
and theatre festivals , which are always Overflowing at this time of
year, But this year many of the Summer festivals , which couldn`t
happen during the WAR we had , have been postponed to this date ,,,,,
thus the whole country is one big Festival ,,,,

Sounds wonderful, Mirjam! It is Thanksgiving in Canada, so we will
celebrate together.

Higs,
Katherine

Sunday Morning Shillelagh Yarn 4 August 27th 06 09:00 PM
sunday morning coffee Ria Yarn 33 January 23rd 06 09:17 PM
Sunday morning Katherine Yarn 42 August 30th 05 08:48 PM
Good Sunday morning! Katherine Yarn 8 May 24th 04 12:17 AM
Sunday morning Maggs K Yarn 3 April 19th 04 04:10 AM