Too tired to quilt?

Old January 13th 13, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Too tired to quilt?

I knew I was - but - I thought I'd plod a long and get a little done. Next
step was piecing a backing for a Wounded Warrior quilt. I carefully
measured the top and cut the first piece of backing generously. Then, I
needed to divide the rest of the backing into two pieces and seam them to
the backing to make a bigger rectangle.
I divided them carefully, changed thread to match, put in a few pins to
keep things going smoothly and perfectly stitched them together. Right
where I'd cut them apart. When you imagine you're too tired to sew, maybe
you are. It's okay. At least I realized my blunder before I blasted the
stitching with steam and firmly pressed it. Polly

Old January 13th 13, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

But did you have any thread in your bobbin??? ;-) (I just couldn't resist.....)

Sorry things went south for you. Making a quilt for such a worthy cause deserves everything to go smoothly for you. Or one could hope....

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old January 13th 13, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

lol is such a wimpy response. WAAAHAha covers it better. Yes. My dear
friend. I did have thread in the bobbin. In the bobbin was 'aubergine'...
something apparently nobody else buys so I got a great price on this aurifil
color. It's close enough to black/purple/blue that it blends in well and
for less than half price. AND . . . much better than no thread at all. I
am uninspired so I am finishing up things begun. Butterflys: done. Cherry
top: done. Learning triangles other than HST: doing. Thank you, Leslie,
for a real belly laugh. Polly

Old January 13th 13, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

ROFL! I have done that very thing. IMO best to just buy XL fabric for
backing, saves grief all around.
Roberta in D

Old January 13th 13, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Is there anyone who has not done that?

I've also done the plan a quilt and put an extra round on it for no
reason other than a single neuron burping, and then have to piece onto my
wide backing.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old January 13th 13, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

We always have that 'little bit' we have to finish before we go to bed
haven't we, and it will only take a minute. Bed seems such a nuisance
and waste of precious quilting time when we are enjoying ourselves,
tired or not!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old January 14th 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

BTDT! and just yesterday! except, I did it first thing in the morning, before coffee.....I should have read your post first...and had coffee. but, it got fixed and sandwiched. I'm finishing up a small lap quilt, then can start this one.
Will there ever be enough time to do all the projects we want? Retirement is looking better and better as I get closer to it!
Old January 14th 13, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I love that line from an old movie, "How's this supposed to work if you
don't do what I say?" Yes, Amy, get your coffee and read here before you
stitch. Not that it will help. I knew better too. Polly

Old January 14th 13, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

I did a similar silly thing yesterday. I am making a sampler quilt for
the store using the foundation technique. I stitched the fabric to
each section of the block being very careful because the fabric had
been fussy cut to allow the print to be centered in each section, then
I sewed the sections together in the wrong order! The pinwheel didn't
spin! The stitches had to be removed very carefully so the foundation
wasn't destroyed. Final result is OK but the block took three hours to
make. At this rate the store sample will not be finished until summer.

Susan

wrote:

I knew I was - but - I thought I'd plod a long and get a little done. Next
step was piecing a backing for a Wounded Warrior quilt. I carefully
measured the top and cut the first piece of backing generously. Then, I
needed to divide the rest of the backing into two pieces and seam them to
the backing to make a bigger rectangle.
I divided them carefully, changed thread to match, put in a few pins to
keep things going smoothly and perfectly stitched them together. Right
where I'd cut them apart. When you imagine you're too tired to sew, maybe
you are. It's okay. At least I realized my blunder before I blasted the
stitching with steam and firmly pressed it. Polly

Tired, tired subject [email protected] Glass 27 September 26th 07 02:26 AM
Italian Greaseballs, she wants to grasp tired hats for Elisa's sunshine, Hungover Tired Animal. David Formosa (aka ? the Platypussy) Knots 0 May 4th 06 07:54 AM
Ot very tired Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 16 March 24th 06 09:52 AM
AD: I'll bet you are tired of seeing these by now! [email protected] Beads 16 August 6th 05 09:07 PM
way tired, not OT Terbear Quilting 4 July 24th 05 06:54 PM