Infinite dress again

Old October 1st 04, 10:35 PM
Eirlys

Default Infinite dress again

Has anyone found the old Infinite dress pattern, please? Quite a few people
appear to be interested in seeing it but I have been unable to find it on
the discontinued section of McCall Patterns.

Old October 11th 04, 08:37 PM
Hoku Beltz

I have been searching every since it came up a while ago here, but cannot
find it. I would love to get a hold of one.

Hoku

Old October 11th 04, 10:26 PM
Eirlys

The strangest thing!

I was sorting some of my late sister`s clothes which I``ve had for some time
and couldn`t deal with. One is a wrap -around in a rather nice organza-type
material , labelled "Resort Wear" and bearing the designer`s name.

It consists of two "rectangles" slightly shaped as they measure a little
differently at the top (aprox 26) from the bottom (approx.29inches)

At the tops of the rectangles about 6 inches down are two long pieces
(approx. 39 inches) tapering to approx 2 inches at the ends.

There is a slight opening at waist level (2 ins or so) though this could be
where the seam has unravelled.

I looked at this and tried it on and I am sure the Infinite Dress must be
something like this. I can wrap the sarong (well that`s what I call it) in
different ways. I pulled one of the long lengths through the opening and was
able to keep the sarong on quite easily. Great, I imagine, for the beach, or
on holiday.

Obviously the Infinite Dress would need to be run up in a heavier stretchy
fabric.

Old October 13th 04, 04:22 AM
Cynthia Mason

Astrid sent copies of the dress. I can send it to you if you want it.
E mail me and I shall send it.

Old October 15th 04, 04:33 PM
Eirlys

"Cynthia Mason" wrote in message

Outlook Express has been awkward, I`ve discovered, and e-mail has gone
amiss. I am having to check if messages have arrived, a right pain. Anyway,
I did contact you privately ; just don`t know if it was sent! :O(

Old October 16th 04, 03:39 AM
Emily

I would love a copy, too. Astrid & I were communicating about it at one
time, then my computer decided to act up do I was never able to get back to
her. I will e-mail you privately tomorrow. Two DGD, ages 16 and
18(cousins) want to wear one during the holiday if DGM(me) will make them.
Thanks,
Emily

Old October 16th 04, 03:56 AM
Cynthia Mason

I did send what Astrid sent to me. If you didn't receive it ---let me
know.

Old November 13th 04, 11:08 PM
amysmom

My daughter is going to Africa to volunteer in January -- we would love to
sew an Infinite dress for her to take, as she'll be living out of a
backpack. Could one of you kind ladies send me the instructions/pattern?
Many thanks in advance.

Old November 14th 04, 12:19 AM
Chris Underwood

"amysmom" wrote
My daughter is going to Africa to volunteer in January -- we would love to
sew an Infinite dress for her to take, as she'll be living out of a
backpack. Could one of you kind ladies send me the instructions/pattern?
Many thanks in advance.

Amy's Mom -
DivineMsCG sent an email to the group on 10/23 with attachments that showed
how to make the dress. The subject of her email was "That so and so
Infinite dress again". You my be able to still find it on your newsreader
or you can search for it in Google Groups.

--
-:¦:-
·.·´¨ ¨))

Washington State, USA

Old November 15th 04, 03:06 AM
amysmom

Umm, I'm a real newbie at this. Have to admit I don't know what you mean
by Newsreader, or how to search for it in Google Groups. Just signed up
this weekend. Can you help?

Infinite dress Eirlys Sewing 19 October 29th 05 06:47 AM
OT Dress Joke Pat in Virginia Quilting 6 July 14th 04 04:02 AM