Babies babies babies! I'll never get my own quilt done!!!!

Old June 19th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Babies babies babies! I'll never get my own quilt done!!!!

So, my little neice Holly, who has been here a couple of months now, is
still waiting, but I finished her quilt top on the weekend.

I was planning some really simple quilting to put it together, and WHEW
when I got that done I thought, maybe I'll have time to whip up a
Little Black Dress for my trip next month and I can get a bit more work
done on my Lucky Stars that I started two and a half years ago. My
next friend's baby isn't due until early September.

NOPE! Got back from lunch (with friends whose daughter got the last
baby quilt) to an email from my dear girlfriend in New York, catching
me up on the last two weeks of her life. In that time, she developed
some swelling, was diagnosed with severe pre-eclampsia, was
hospitalized, had BP over 200!!!!! and delivered her daughter 12
weeks premature by emerg C-Sect a week ago!!!

My dear friend is recovering with some help from anti-hypertensives,
and Robyn Azalea MeiChuan (what a sweet name!) will be in NICU for many
many weeks yet. She was 1 lb 9 oz, and seems to be very active from
her mom's report that she has already removed her feeding tube and
un-diapers herself regularly. She will obviously face many challenges
in the coming weeks.

So I'm outta work some night soon to go commando-raid Fabricland for
really soft baby stuff. I know she won't need a quilt too soon, but I
have a feeling my friend, who is an anxiety case on a GOOD day, may
find it very comforting. At least I hope to get it to her in time to
welcome the little peanut home. If only I didn't have a day job!

"Pseudo-Auntie" Johanna

Old June 19th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, strike that last statement! I used to have the same thoughts and
then got laid off from my "day" job. Took me a year to find another
and even then, took a 25% pay cut!
Of course, I have been loving that job for almost 4 years now, but I
never, ever, utter those "other" words!

I love the name your friend chose for her new, little daughter. What a
sweet little fighter she sounds like! Keep us posted on her progress!
I wish them both a speedy trip home!

Alice in NJ

Old June 19th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ooh, you're right - I don't mean to tempt the gods. I wasn't wishing I
DIDN'T have one, as I do like what I do. Maybe I'll just wish I needed
less sleep. ;-)

I'm pondering how I can find an Azalea fabric in a baby flannel. Hmmm.

Johanna

Old June 19th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, how perfect would that be! Happy hunting - I bet there's some out
there somewhere!

Alice

Old June 20th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Look for some of the State Birds and
State Flowers Prints. There are some
Robins, and some Azeleas! (Not sure
about flannel though.) Congratulations
on the addition to your circle. PAT

FurrsomeThreesome wrote:

I'm pondering how I can find an Azalea fabric in a baby flannel. Hmmm.

Johanna