egyptain quilt pattrens

Old March 8th 04, 09:09 AM
Joyce

Default egyptain quilt pattrens

i was wondring if anyone knew where i might be able to get egyptian
pattrens...

Old March 8th 04, 06:19 PM
Keith and Michelle Pope

I was looking for some as well, but has to settle for egyptian themed
farbics. The only patterns I found were applique ones, and that's not quite
what I wanted.
Here's an address for one I found
http://www.cddesigns.com/FreezerPaper/PATEgyptian.htm
Hope you have better luck than me. Post your results, OK? Thanks!
Michelle in Gander

Old March 8th 04, 07:29 PM
DeB Shaw

Joyce,
Am afraid I can't answer where to find any egyptian patterns, but thought
these links may give you some ideas/resources that may help you in your
quest:

http://www2.stitchingart.com/pages/egypt/intro.html
http://www.iwebquest.com/egypt/ancie...tcontents.html
http://www.k12.hi.us/~msinclai/Ancient_Egypt.html
http://www.winnowing.com/egypt.html
http://www.sihope.com/~hthomas/quilts/qlt2003/egypt.htm

OH, there are a few patterns here! :^)
http://www.geocities.com/quiltdesigns/BibleStory.html

DeB Shaw
Queen of the *Northern*Lights*

Old March 8th 04, 09:35 PM
Kris

http://cybersleuth-kids.com/sleuth/H...ions/index.htm

Hi All,
The above website has coloring pages for Egpyt. Maybe you can use them
for your quilt.

Kris ( in northern Virginia )

Old March 9th 04, 05:12 AM
Kathryn Walker

Sorry Joyce, I don't know about patterns but I did see fabric with
Egyptian theme motifs that was nice. It is from Robert
Kaufman...Horizens by Sherrill Kahn.
HTH
Kathryn in Mi.

Old March 9th 04, 09:20 PM
ginmaru

Dover has a cool coloring book that could work for applique.

Ginny
Old March 9th 04, 10:32 PM
Cathy Biro

been watching all the responses and suggestions...

how about a pyramid charm quilt?

(just had to ask)

--
Siptah
Columbus, OH

Old March 11th 04, 10:45 AM
Keith and Michelle Pope

OK, I'll bite. Is this any different than a regular charm quilt with
triangles (since pyramids resemble triangles)? If so, got a pattern? Also,
doesn't a charm quilt usually have a large number of different fabrics?
Hmmm, I smell another swap! Woohoo!
Thanks in advance!
Michelle in Gander

s.com...

Old March 11th 04, 08:17 PM
Packrat

i was wondring if anyone knew where i might be able to get egyptian
pattrens...

Egyptians usually only make whole cloths - floral fabric ( loud
floral!) sewn together stuffed with raw cotton and quilted with 3" - 4
" stiches.

My SIL once made a quiltind crib quilt applquéing some flowers on the
front and adding lace and bows... but she is the needle work teacher
at the local girls school and this was the only way she could think of
practicing techniks with the girls in a useful way.

I also saw an old magazine with a single quiltblock being used as a
cushion cover - they were all diamonds (YIKES!!)

I am in the process of designing some eygyptian inspired quilts one is
already drawn on paper and is on it's way to EQ the other is still in
my mind - both patterns are NOT your usual pyramid/other touristy
thing so maybe i can help you there?

8-)

Jessamy
In The Netherlands