Want your opinion on my quilts...

Old March 2nd 04, 06:28 AM
Dutch Quilter

Well, I suppose it is not too traditional to start quilting as a man to
begin with.
As for intentive: I still find creating new designs the hardest part, but I
do enjoy making something different every time.
Having said that, I can also really enjoy the beauty of the many traditional
quilts out there.
---
AC from The Netherlands
http://www.cosman.nl

"Laurie G." wrote in message
om...
You do amazing work! I am always impressed by the work that men do. It is
usually so non-traditional and inventive. I liked them all but voted for

my
favorite.

Laurie G.

"Dutch Quilter" quilter_at_cosman_dot_nl wrote in message
Tell about myself: well, what do you want to know?
I live near The Hague, caught the quilt virus from my aunt, have a day

job
as a software engineer, and a degree in mathematics.
I have been lurking on and off (mostly off) in this group for some time

but
feel I can't really keep up with the message flow. Especially since I

don't
want to spend all my free time behind a computer screen as well...
And yes, I'm a guy (as Jessamy rightly pointed out).
Anything else?
---
AC from The Netherlands
http://www.cosman.nl

"Patti" wrote in message
They are great quilts.
What fun being able to vote for a favourite. Thanks for the
opportunity. Why not tell us a bit about yourself and join in the

fun -
now you have introduced us to your quilts!

Old March 2nd 04, 06:29 AM
Dutch Quilter

*grin*
Yeah, the sofa is the first piece of furniture I bought for my own house
(with the possible exception of a bed) and I'm still very pleased with it.
---
AC from The Netherlands
http://www.cosman.nl

I love your quilts - I like the colours and geometric shapes. I'm very
jealous.

Oh and I liked the raspberry coloured sofa too!

Emma

Old March 2nd 04, 10:46 PM
Pat in Virginia

WOW! Great quilts AC! I especially like the maze, the
metamorphosis, and the checkerboard. You have a very good use of
color and value, as well as design.
PAT in VA/USA

Dutch Quilter wrote:

Hello all,
After postponing for years I finally took the time to create a website to
show off my quilts. I would like to have your opinion, so please take a look
and vote for your favorite.

Thank you!
---
AC from the Netherlands
http://www.cosman.nl

Old March 3rd 04, 09:16 PM
Roberta Zollner

Yes please -is there a worthy quilt store in The Hague? I'm attending a
conference there at the end of the month and might have time to nip out for
some retail therapy if it's not too far away.
Roberta in D

.

Old March 4th 04, 12:09 AM
Packrat

I'll take the liberty of answering that one... the quilt shop is called the
Border
http://www.theborderquilt.nl/view.asp?l=NL&item=home

Sorry the English site doesn't seem to work but the addy is on the
front-page so you will be ok 8-)

I have only heard good things about this shop but not yet managed to make it
there.

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
http://www.geocities.com/jess_ayad/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old March 4th 04, 07:15 AM
Dutch Quilter

It's definitely one of the bigger and better quilt shops in the Netherlands,
and I count myself lucky that I live so close to it. It is located right at
the edge of The Hague though, so I'm not sure about the 'nipping out'
distance.
---
AC from the Netherlands
http://www.cosman.nl

"Packrat" schreef in bericht

Old March 4th 04, 09:13 AM
Roberta Zollner

Thanks Jessamy and Arnout! I tried the site, and the map shows tram and bus
connections, so it might be possible. Long experience with S.E.X. has made
me a power shopper :-)
I'd really like to find the famous shop in Amsterdam, but that might be a
bit too far.
Roberta in D

Old March 4th 04, 03:15 PM
Kathryn Walker

Wow...totally blown away!! All of your quilts are so wonderful its hard
to pick a favorite. Thanks for sharing them.

Kathryn in Mi.

Old March 4th 04, 05:10 PM
Debra

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:21:46 +0100, "Dutch Quilter"
quilter_at_cosman_dot_nl wrote:

Hello all,
After postponing for years I finally took the time to create a website to
show off my quilts. I would like to have your opinion, so please take a look
and vote for your favorite.

Thank you!
---
AC from the Netherlands
http://www.cosman.nl

I finally had a chance to go to your site. Wish I could vote for more
than one. I love Dusk and Untitled, but all of them are beautiful. I
can't wait to show my husband your site.
Debra in VA

Journal quilts Marjorie Needlework 3 January 26th 05 01:28 AM
Two NY Quilt Exhibits - Talking Quilts, Threads of Faith Kyrae Needlework 0 March 20th 04 03:42 PM
I got to see some old quilts Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 5 September 30th 03 05:29 PM
Quilts, Quilt Books, Chocolate Pat in Virginia Quilting 4 July 15th 03 03:18 AM
quilts, quilt books, chocolate Pat in Virginia Quilting 0 July 10th 03 11:39 PM