Good News!!

Old November 16th 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Janet[_3_]

Default Good News!!

I found out today that I'll be one of two managing editors of Just
CrossStitch and Sampler & Antique Needlework magazines. I'm SO
excited! I have all sorts of ideas dancing through my head for
improvements and new designers to introduce. Maybe I'll even design a
band sampler or two in the future. It will be such a fun and exciting
job.

Let me know if you have any ideas for improvement. I'm open to any an
all. Just remember that in needlework publishing, it will be about a
year before anything new can be designed and stitched and appear in
the magazine.

I'm also excited about the plans we're making for the Christmas in
Williamsburg seminar for next year. It will be the 25th anniversary
and we have some special designs we're working on.

Thanks for letting me share this news with my stitching buddies.

Janet Walker
Old November 16th 10, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 11/15/2010 7:28 PM, Janet wrote:
[...]

Woo-hoo!! Way to go, Janet. Congrats!

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old November 16th 10, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"Janet" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations Janet! I have no doubt you'll do well in your new position!

Mavia

Old November 16th 10, 12:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2010-11-16, Janet wrote:
[...]

Congrats Janet! I'm looking forward to seeing what your changes will
be.
-Margaret in MA

--
Margaret St. John
Old November 16th 10, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

For any of the newbies here or those who might not remember, Janet is
the Stitchin' Buddy I talk about sometimes. She used to post here quite
frequently but not so much in the last few years. She REALLY deserves
this position and I am unbelievably happy for her :-)!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Janet wrote:
[...]

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old November 16th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Nov 15, 4:28*pm, Janet wrote:
I found out today that I'll be one of two managing editors of Just
CrossStitch and Sampler & Antique Needlework magazines.

Let me know if you have any ideas for improvement. *I'm open to any an
all.

Janet Walker

Congratulations! My suggestion is DO NOT make the Dec issue about
ornaments!!

The ornament issue is enough ornaments!!!

just me,
Cathy from KY
Old November 16th 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Nov 15, 7:28*pm, Janet wrote:
[...]

Wow. That's terrific!

Donna in Virginia

Old November 18th 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Nov 15, 6:28*pm, Janet wrote:
I found out today that I'll be one of two managing editors of Just
CrossStitch and Sampler & Antique Needlework magazines. *I'm SO
excited!

I bet you are! Congratulations and I'll be waiting to see your
picture in the front of an issue coming to me soon!

Let me know if you have any ideas for improvement. *

Actually, what I'd like to see is an index! I wrote to JCS a number
of years ago about it but still haven't seen one. I even offered to
help do one, since I have all the issues back to about 1983, iirc.

Like Karen, I'd also be willing to proofread!

Joan
Old November 18th 10, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Janet wrote:
[...]

Maybe you could encourage them to improve the renewal process.
Unfortunately, I've just decided to not renew my subscription to S&AN.
The renewal notice they send asks for a check (and they won't accept a
Canadian check even when written for US funds.) There is no where to put
credit card information, and no where to change an address. In the past
few years, I've scribbled my cc info along the edge of the renewal
notice, but I finally got fed up. If they won't make it easy to renew,
they obviously don't care about retaining subscriptions.

I buy my JCS in my local book store, and this year won a subscription to
Needle Pulling Thread, plus I have my Embroidery Association of Canada
mag. Decided that's enough.

MargW