Baptism gown done!

Old June 25th 11, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

Default Baptism gown done!

I finished crocheting the baptism gown Wed. night and today I made the
underslip and added the final touches. Just in time...the baptism is
tomorrow! I've posted pics on both my webshots album (user name
ndjoan and on the last page of my stitching album) and to rctnp for
anyone who's interested in seeing them.

It's made out of alpaca/silk yarn, which is soooo soft....I loved
working with the stuff!!!!

Enjoy!

Joan
Old June 25th 11, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Jun 25, 3:56*pm, wrote:

It's beautiful Joan - bet they are glad they decided on a baptism,
that's an heirloom for them.

They haven't seen it yet! They're picking it up later today. I hope
they will think of it as an heirloom, though.

Thanks for the compliment, Sheena

Old June 26th 11, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

On Jun 25, 4:44*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
I finished crocheting the baptism gown Wed. night and today I made the
underslip and added the final touches. *Just in time...the baptism is
tomorrow! *I've posted pics on both my webshots album (user name
ndjoan and on the last page of my stitching album) and to rctnp for
anyone who's interested in seeing them.

It's made out of alpaca/silk yarn, which is soooo soft....I loved
working with the stuff!!!!

Enjoy!

Joan

Just had a peek at the gown on RCTNP - absolutely gorgeous

MargW
Old June 26th 11, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"MargW" wrote in message
On Jun 25, 4:44 pm, "Joan E." wrote:
I finished crocheting the baptism gown Wed. night and today I made the
underslip and added the final touches. Just in time...the baptism is
tomorrow! I've posted pics on both my webshots album (user name
ndjoan and on the last page of my stitching album) and to rctnp for
anyone who's interested in seeing them.

It's made out of alpaca/silk yarn, which is soooo soft....I loved
working with the stuff!!!!

Enjoy!

Joan

Just had a peek at the gown on RCTNP - absolutely gorgeous

MargW

And stunning and beautiful and surely will be cherished for 1,000 years.

Lucille

Old June 26th 11, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

On Jun 25, 1:44*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
I finished crocheting the baptism gown Wed. night and today I made the
underslip and added the final touches. *Just in time...the baptism is
tomorrow! *I've posted pics on both my webshots album (user name
ndjoan and on the last page of my stitching album) and to rctnp for
anyone who's interested in seeing them.

It's made out of alpaca/silk yarn, which is soooo soft....I loved
working with the stuff!!!!

Enjoy!

Joan

WAHHHH I can't get to the Baptismal gown! I don't know if it's
this (**&^&^%(*& lap top or F^C8768 Google!!! GRRRRRRR you don't even
want to know what I am thinking -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Old June 26th 11, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jun 25, 4:44*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
I finished crocheting the baptism gown Wed. night and today I made the
underslip and added the final touches. *Just in time...the baptism is
tomorrow! *I've posted pics on both my webshots album (user name
ndjoan and on the last page of my stitching album) and to rctnp for
anyone who's interested in seeing them.

It's made out of alpaca/silk yarn, which is soooo soft....I loved
working with the stuff!!!!

Enjoy!

Joan

It's beautiful. I love the flowers at the bottom.
I's sure she'll look beautiful in it.

Nancy
Old June 30th 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 6/29/2011 6:19 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:33:29 -0400, "Ellice
wrote:

On 6/26/11 9:54 AM, in article
, "MargW"
wrote:

On Jun 25, 4:44 pm, "Joan wrote:
I finished crocheting the baptism gown Wed. night and today I made the
underslip and added the final touches. Just in time...the baptism is
tomorrow! I've posted pics on both my webshots album (user name
ndjoan and on the last page of my stitching album) and to rctnp for
anyone who's interested in seeing them.

It's made out of alpaca/silk yarn, which is soooo soft....I loved
working with the stuff!!!!

Enjoy!

Joan

Just had a peek at the gown on RCTNP - absolutely gorgeous

MargW

Ditto - worth saying again, even after I commented on RCTNP. Really so
beautiful.

Ellice

Joan, I meant to ask - has DIL seen it yet ? Did she
realise/appreciate how lovely it is ? If not, take heart, there will
be people to ooh and aah over it and make her realise lolol

Maybe you should keep it in "safe-keeping". and later let DIL have
control over it.

I had a silk christening gown made by maternal grandmother , which was
used for my two brothers and myself. (The ribbon was changed from blue
to pink.) I cared for it for many years...until I gave many family
treasures to DD.

Apparently she still has this gorgeous silk robe tucked away somewhere.

I have chosen not to see it..............................just in case it
is ruined or gone.

You have made a true heirloom.

Old July 1st 11, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Jun 29, 5:18*pm, wrote:

That alpaca yarn is to kill for, much nicer (I think) even than
cashmere.

Most definitely! It's some of the softest yarn I've ever felt.

I have some skeins of bulky alpaca yarn which I'm going to stitch into
an afghan for myself. I got it right before I found out I was going
to be a grandmother, so it's been on hold while I've been making
grandkid presents! Maybe this winter I can get started on it.

Joan

Baptism stamp Cheryl Morgan Rubberstamps 0 March 29th 06 02:07 PM
Baptism Rubber Stamp?? JC Rubberstamps 2 March 12th 06 08:24 PM
requesting cross for christening/baptism gown TIA sewer5009 Sewing 0 January 20th 04 01:06 AM
Christening gown Katherine Burgess Yarn 0 October 17th 03 04:01 AM
Christening Gown Shillelagh Yarn 8 October 12th 03 12:31 PM