Quilter needed

Old March 11th 04, 04:34 PM
Heather

Default Quilter needed

Here's the scoop.

My oldest daughter is now 14. Back in 2000, I helped her do a y2k swap. We
collected thousands of fabric squares, and this last year I helped her make
them into a quilt. Basically, she just made a crazy quilt with the squares,
by using a foundation and just laying the fabric squares on it, then sewing
around the edges using a zigzag stitch. The final square in each block was
a signature square. The blocks were then sewn together with black sashing
in between them. She made one quilt top with 3" squares, and one with 2.5
inch squares.

Now, as a gift to her, I'd like to have them finished for her. I'd kind of
like to find someone who maybe has a long arm machine so they can just do an
all over stippling type quilting on it. I don't have the room, or the
ability to do that, I've only ever machine quilting in straight lines, and
it was't a fun experience..lol.

I"m located in Southern California, but would be willing to ship them
somewhere, if needed. The quilts are about queen sized I would guess. I
would supply the batting and backing and do the binding myself. I really
don';t have a ton of money to spend on this, but I was thinking I could go
as high as $100 per quilt, if I had to. Will it be possible to get it done
for that cost?

If anyone can do it, or knows somewhere I can get it done, please let me
know. I'd appreciate at help anyone could give me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
"I need you and I miss you, and now I wonder..If I could fall into the sky,
do you think time would pass me by? Cause you know I'd walk a thousand
miles, if I could just see you tonight." - A Thousand Miles by Vanessa
Carlton

In 2004, I'm walking 100 miles to help in the fight against breast cancer.
If you'd like to help in this fight and sponsor me, please click on the
link.
http://lovebus.pledgepage.org/

Heather Michna
Walker #11026020 - Breast Cancer 3-Day - Detroit, MI - August 20-22, 2004

Old March 12th 04, 12:11 AM
The Laws

"Heather" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I"m sure you can find someone in your area, check the local guild., or

LQS. I have had all my full size quilts (as compared to baby or lap quilts
I usually make)done with long arms, from 3 different people, and I have
always been pleased and surprized how inexpensive it turns out to be. We
have a couple of people in a realitive wide area who always have a long
waiting list and are more expensive, but more amd ,more people are buying
long arms and going pro. They usually provide and put it into the quilting
price, the batting, I think they feel they do a better job with their
favorite batting. Unless the prices are a lot different in Calif than
Florida, your 100 dollars may be close enough, and also close enough that
you dont have to pay postage. goodluck Kay