Knot Heads Knot Art Gallery Beta...

Old June 20th 04, 03:33 AM
Knot Head

Default Knot Heads Knot Art Gallery Beta...

I have put up a new gallery on my server that is only beta. If you all
could stop by and take a look at it.

The old Gallery
http://www.newmediadesignz.com/knotworks

Beta Gallery
http://www.newmediadesignz.com/knotworks2

Tell me which one you like best.

Knot Head
A knot is not just a knot...

Old June 21st 04, 07:25 PM
Joe Provenzano

Knot Head - I like the old gallery better.
Old July 3rd 04, 02:28 PM
Jim Long

IMNERHO, the important aspect of a WWWeb page is the content. Appearance
is nice, but appearance on a presentation is like rhetoric in an argument:
it can't stand on its own, but it can enhance the content (ie logic).
Still, it's the content that matters.

Honestly, there are gaps in the content on both. Okay, I realize it's a
work in progress!
The new look helps to disguise the fact that you're still filling in
content, whereas the old one invites you to the empty folders.

OTOH, once you get the content filled in some, the old one makes it much
more accessible. Visitors to the new one might miss a lot & come away
with the wrong (i.e. minimalist) impression.

If you have some amazing prescience, you could make the new one "fly" by
having the most popular stuff at the "front"... But a hierarchy viewed
from the top masks its structure as well as its content. The "old" one
spreads the content out so the visitor can better decide where they want
to go.

They both have appealing aspects, but as a "spread it all out so I can
decide for myself" kinda guy, I'm going to have to vote for the "old" one
too.

(BTW, the "new" look has a folder named "_vti_cnf" at the top. That means
you're using MS Front Page, right? With the deceptively alluring
"Frontpage Extensions" enabled. Just a tip from yer old Uncle Jimbo:
reliance on MSProducts will kill you someday. Just view the source & see
for yourself what extraneous crap MS stuffs in there!)

PS: are you planning to create all new content? Or are you adverse to a
little e-plagiarism? You could fill up the instructional section quickly
from other pages... A lot of people do that, which leads to a
philosophical discussion best left for late night with beers.

Glückliches Knotenbinden!

Jimbo, Wretched Kinker of Cordage
(For what is a knot, really, but a clever kink in a cord?)

Terminology Brian Grimley Knots 13 June 28th 04 07:36 PM
Single knot to a two-loop lanyard Ford and Mary Ann Walton Knots 4 April 27th 04 01:06 AM
Public Knot Gallery online. Brian Kidd Knots 0 April 24th 04 02:38 PM
What Kind of Knot Should I Use? Imagine Knots 35 April 10th 04 04:11 AM
water knot with rope ? [email protected] Knots 7 August 16th 03 11:16 PM