Miniature quilts

Old August 9th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

Default Miniature quilts

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:12:08 -0700, "maryd" mardor@*net
wrote:

Don't think they are my thing but I had to try.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53386571mhEVzj

This is very pretty! I'm PP'ing a miniature flying geese
quilt right now, using scraps from the baby quilt I'm
making. I don't think I could do it without PP.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old August 9th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Thanks, Pat. They definitely don't take much fabric. g

--
Mary
"Patti" wrote in message
: It's lovely, Mary.
: You soon get used to handling the tiny pieces g
: Just imagine how quick (perhaps?) the quilting would be on a 12" x 12"
: quilt!!
: Not the only reason to do one - but quite compelling sometimes! and
: they make lovely little presents.
: .
: In message , maryd
: writes
: Don't think they are my thing but I had to try.
: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53386571mhEVzj
:
:
: --
: Best Regards
: pat on the hill

Old August 9th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Yes. I don't know any other way you could make something that small.

--
Mary
"Louise" wrote in message
: That's really great, Mary. Paper piecing? I think that's about the only
way
: I could manage a miniature!
:
: --
: Louise in Iowa
: nieland4 at mchsi dot com
: http://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa
:
: "maryd" mardor@*net wrote in message
: ...
: Don't think they are my thing but I had to try.
: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53386571mhEVzj
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:
:
:
:

Old August 9th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Yes....... it's a challenge put out by Carol Doak on her Yahoo group.

--
Mary
"Karen, Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
: That's about the size we are doing for the mini row robin. It's not too
: bad. Did you paper pc. it?
:
: Karen, Queen of Squishies
:
:

Old August 9th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

makes my finners hurt just looking at it....but it is enjoyable to
oooogle.....

Butterfly

Old August 9th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

What a nice block. I really love making minis. I can finish a "whole
quilt" in a day. I have Carol Doaks Miniature quilt book. It is paper
piecing. Linda in Tx

Old August 10th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

wrote:

Don't think they are my thing but I had to try.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53386571mhEVzj

This is very pretty! I'm PP'ing a miniature flying geese
quilt right now, using scraps from the baby quilt I'm
making. I don't think I could do it without PP.

The first quilt I made was a miniature flying geese. It is 6" X 8". I
didn't KNOW about paper piecing. That's why all the points aren't perfect.

It's in my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

I was crazy.

Cindy

Old August 10th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

If you're crazy, then I'm crazier for being impressed! You're awesome!

man, you talk about small flying geese!!!

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

wrote:

Don't think they are my thing but I had to try.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53386571mhEVzj

This is very pretty! I'm PP'ing a miniature flying geese
quilt right now, using scraps from the baby quilt I'm
making. I don't think I could do it without PP.

The first quilt I made was a miniature flying geese. It is 6" X 8". I
didn't KNOW about paper piecing. That's why all the points aren't perfect.

It's in my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

I was crazy.

Cindy

Katrina Relief Quilts Question Betsy Ross Quilting 7 September 4th 05 04:04 PM
to donate quilts to aid hurrican victims KJ Quilting 6 September 1st 05 05:38 PM
Miniature Quilts Joan8904 Quilting 16 January 28th 05 02:16 PM
UPDATE: Quilts for Tsunami Orphans Kathy (in Alaska) Quilting 0 January 3rd 05 07:02 PM
I got to see some old quilts Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 5 September 30th 03 05:29 PM