Sore face! (OT)

Old August 7th 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Default Sore face! (OT)

AKK! MOGS!

Sugar Puff has been in a scrap. She has acquired a nasty little
puncture wound above her right eye, and a nasty swelling below it.
Bathing the area yesterday got the scab off and released a lot of nasty
mess, so we did it again yesterday evening and will have another go
today. Warm salt water is the key here.

We took her to the vet this morning and got her examined and pumped full
of antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs, and she has a course of
pills to start tomorrow morning. I am *not* looking forward to THAT!

Meanwhile, she is a little grumpy but not off her food, and she made
stink in the cat box on the way home (cat box bedding currently in
washer!) just to make her displeasure really obvious! A few good wishes
wafted her way would be welcome. She would do this while we were away,
naturally! Still, we seem to have caught it in time to fix without too
much bother.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 7th 06, 11:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

I hope Sugar Puff feels better soon... and I wonder what the other kitty
looks like now? ;-)
Debi

Old August 7th 06, 11:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Debi Matlack wrote:

I hope Sugar Puff feels better soon... and I wonder what the other kitty
looks like now? ;-)
Debi

We're betting on 'minced' - but then we have seen what she does to her
much bigger brother!

As the vet said, she's a fierce little thing. Not many cats get quite
such severe facial wounds, especially such SMALL cats! She weighs about
6 lbs.
Old August 7th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Sampson and Maisie send warm kitty hugs and get well wishes. Makes me glad
these two have no inclination to go outside.

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old August 7th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Poddy, Boof and Donut all send rather vague greetings and
good wishes. It was sunny today and they have been asleep
in front of the glass door in the warm afternoon sun.
They're still a bit dozey.

I am sure when they all actually wake up they will waft
healing thoughts to Sugar Puff.

Mean time - please administer a gentle ear rub from me,
along with a gentle admonishment not to get into fights.

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Kate Dicey" wrote in
message
: AKK! MOGS!
:
[...]
: --
: Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
: Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons

Old August 7th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

Ouch! I have read on and seen that she is a tiny thing, too! Meg,
Mickey, Molly and Shadow send their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Rita L.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ggollymm
Old August 7th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Cats wrote:

Poddy, Boof and Donut all send rather vague greetings and
good wishes. It was sunny today and they have been asleep
in front of the glass door in the warm afternoon sun.
They're still a bit dozey.

I am sure when they all actually wake up they will waft
healing thoughts to Sugar Puff.

Mean time - please administer a gentle ear rub from me,
along with a gentle admonishment not to get into fights.

Gentle! That would mean nothing to her! Ghengis Kitten, that one...

Thank you!
Old August 7th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Sharon Harper wrote:

Sampson and Maisie send warm kitty hugs and get well wishes. Makes me glad
these two have no inclination to go outside.

I hate keeping her in. She's severely ****ed off at me for letting her
brother out without her!

Thanks for the well wishes - she rather needs them!

Old August 7th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Rita in MA wrote:

Ouch! I have read on and seen that she is a tiny thing, too! Meg,
Mickey, Molly and Shadow send their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

She's bouncing back already! But currently asleep on my duvet...
And the best wishes are much appreciated.

Cornflake was here flirting with the lunch guests until he took fright -
at the coffee grinder!
Old August 7th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Kate Dicey wrote:

[...]

Yikes! That's every QI's person's biggest worry, isn't it? That the QI
will be hurt while the person is away and can't do anything to help. I
hope Sugar Puff is feeling better very soon and that there are no
long-lasting effects.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1