Where can I buy cerium oxide glass polishing powder?

Old January 7th 04, 12:43 AM
Dennis Swan

I use LENSMAX A./Optical Manufacturers, Downer Grove, IL.
Order # 1-800-323-7157.
Best stuff I have used to date. Not cheap.
Ask if they will send you a sample. Usally a baggie full. You will
like it I am sure.
Dennis Swan, Artglass Beveling, Muncie, Indiana
Old January 7th 04, 01:53 AM
Moonraker

"Dennis Swan" wrote in message
om...
I use LENSMAX A./Optical Manufacturers, Downer Grove, IL.
Order # 1-800-323-7157.
Best stuff I have used to date. Not cheap.
Ask if they will send you a sample. Usally a baggie full. You will
like it I am sure.
Dennis Swan, Artglass Beveling, Muncie, Indiana

How would you differentiate between Lensmax's properties and those of CRL's
cerium oxide? What is the difference in how they work? Is the Lensmax
orange in color, too? What do you pay for it?

Old January 8th 04, 04:07 AM
Dennis Swan

How would you differentiate between Lensmax's properties and those of CRL's
cerium oxide? What is the difference in how they work? Is the Lensmax
orange in color, too? What do you pay for it?

It is orange in color. I do not get into the make up of products, I
just requested samples from different places and this stuff works the
best for me,
I can not find an invoice but I belive it is about 200 a bucket. I use
this in hand beveling and just add water till it is all mixed, I have
never worried about Ph ect. I go through about a bucket a year and
order two at a time. that is why I belive I paid a little over 400
with shipping two years ago. In fact I will be ordering in the next
month or so.
Dennis
Old January 8th 04, 04:57 AM
Javahut

[...]

From the description and price, It sounds similar to CRL Rare Earth, 44lb
pail, about the same, maybe a little more.

The thing is, with all these products, we will all have favorite suppliers
of key ingredients, while Dennis prefers one brand and I another and someone
else likes what they use. All good stuff, but the original post was for
smaller quantities, from a smaller distributor. Does Lensmax come in
smaller containers than the $200 pail?

Because I don't buy it that way, and it doesn't sound like Dennis does
either, does anyone else?
May be stuck with buying more to save from buying it more often and save the
money on the larger purchase. Bet the small container is more money per lb.

Old January 8th 04, 05:42 PM
Michele Blank

Rio Grande has cerium oxide in 1 lb. lots for 9.95. Kingly north has it in
1 lb. 8.95, 5 lb. 35.95, and 30 lb. 184.00 m

"Javahut" wrote in message

[...]

From the description and price, It sounds similar to CRL Rare Earth, 44lb

Old January 8th 04, 05:44 PM
Michele Blank

Rio Grande has cerium oxide in 1 lb. lots for 9.95. Kingsley North has it

Old January 8th 04, 06:15 PM
Javahut

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
Rio Grande has cerium oxide in 1 lb. lots for 9.95. Kingly north has it

in
1 lb. 8.95, 5 lb. 35.95, and 30 lb. 184.00 m

Somaca Rare Earth 44lb $228.17
CRL 44# $222.99

Old January 9th 04, 08:16 PM
chunk

http://www.kingsleynorth.com/polishingcompounds.html
I can't say how good they are. Order the 4oz size for $3.00 and give it a
try.

Chunk Kiesling

Old January 15th 14, 02:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Mandy Chen

Default Where can I buy cerium oxide glass polishing powder?

在 2004年1月2日星期五UTC+8上午5时49分06秒 Mike J.写道:
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can buy cerium oxide glass
polishing powder? I prefer to buy it from a distributor. Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike,
This is Mandy chen from hunan Haozhi New Materials Co., ltd, the leading producer of polishing materials for optical industry. we annually produce 1200mt cerium oxid polishing powder, 2000mt silicon oxide polishing slurry. we mainly supply to the precision optical producers in Asia, our clients include :AGC, NSG, CORNING, HOYA, CANNON, LG, FOXCONN, TPK, OPTIALS. etc.

From your website, we know you are producin optical components, I trust some of cerium oxide polishing powder could satisfy your requirement in a more efficent way. just let us know your material type, polishing machine, pollishing requirement, product type, our experienced technicians will recommend the most proper products to you. for more information regarding our company, pls refer to : www.haozhigroup.com.

my email is
Old January 15th 14, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Mandy Chen

Hi Mike,
This is Mandy chen from hunan Haozhi New Materials Co., ltd, the leading producer of polishing materials for optical industry. we annually produce 1200mt cerium oxid polishing powder, 2000mt silicon oxide polishing slurry. we mainly supply to the precision optical producers in Asia, our clients include :AGC, NSG, CORNING, HOYA, CANNON, LG, FOXCONN, TPK, OPTIALS. etc.

From your website, we know you are producin optical components, I trust some of cerium oxide polishing powder could satisfy your requirement in a more efficent way. just let us know your material type, polishing machine, pollishing requirement, product type, our experienced technicians will recommend the most proper products to you. for more information regarding our company, pls refer to : www.haozhigroup.com.