moderator's announcment.

Old July 18th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

Default moderator's announcment.

Hi All.

It's summertime again, and to the considerable dismay of my boss, I'm going on
vacation again (he's dismayed because it seems he didn't exactly hear me when I
told/asked him about the proposed length of this vacation... :-) )

Anyway, as with some other trips, I'll be out of touch with the group while
gone, so for the next few weeks, our fellow group reader and contributor, AKA
Frosty, among his several popular identities, has again agreed to attempt to
take over as moderator while I'm gone.

Please don't give him too much trouble, and in the event things don't all work
out right while he remembers the technical aspects of how to do this, please be
patient. If you're too annoyed, I'll put you on the short list of potential
volunteers next time I need a temporary moderator to step up to the task. Some
types of messages, in particular, can be involved for him (and me) to process,
including those sent via forwarded email rather than through a news server, as
well as those people's posts who's servers, or something else betwixt the poster
and me, uses odd or non standard character encoding. That leads to those posts
where lines end in =20 insead of just a carriage return, and other special
characters get also converted into hex code. Looks weird, and is sometimes
sneaky. So if you send posts and they come out that way, be patient. There are
only a couple of you who's posts regularly do that (Heinrich, your's do that,
for example). The actual fault is probably in the moderation software, not
your news software, I think, but such is life. If Frosty sees it and can figure
out my convoluted description of how to edit the post so that gets fixed, then
fine. If not, well, I'll be back the first week of Augest. Till then, I'll be
driving around Germany and Switzerland. Old family ties to be visited, and
all...

Let me here, formally, thank "Frosty" for his generous willingness to help out
the group.

Thanks, Sir!

Cheers

Peter Rowe