Ron Anderson?

Old September 30th 05, 11:17 PM
Betsy Ross

Default Ron Anderson?

I hope I have the name correct. You
seem to be the man with the answers so I
wanted to pose this one to you:

I purchased a quilter's Curve Master and
an invisible zipper foot that require an
adapter for my Bernina 1000. I bought
the adapter at a Bernina dealer,
although it did not appear to be
manufactured by Bernina. When I
attempted to use it with either of the
above mentioned feet, the feet rotated
counterclockwise. The dealer said, so
it doesn't work buy a Bernina invisible
zipper foot. I returned the adapter.

My question is: Is this a universal
problem or just a poorly manufactured
adapter.

Susan
aka Betsy Ross

Old October 1st 05, 05:02 PM
Ron Anderson

I can not see how that is even possible. Assuming the adaptor for the
Bernina shank fit the same way Bernina feet do, all clamped in, and you
fastened the feet to the adaptor with the screw.

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine
ink.net...

Old October 1st 05, 05:31 PM
Doreen

Ron Anderson wrote:
I can not see how that is even possible. Assuming the adaptor for the
Bernina shank fit the same way Bernina feet do, all clamped in, and you
fastened the feet to the adaptor with the screw.

Nor do I, Ron. I don't have the Curve Master, but use the adaptor often
with my invisible zipper foot, Little Foot, pearls & piping foot, and
the adjustable zipper foot from my Featherweight. It's certainly not a
universal problem.

Susan, here's a picture of how the adaptor looks properly fastened to
the invisible zipper foot.

http://pair.com/threets/inviszipfoot.jpg

Doreen in Alabama

Old October 2nd 05, 06:11 AM
Betsy Ross

My question is: Could the adapter foot
been a bogus knock-off? If so, I would
like to buy a Bernina issue.

Of course the whole thing sounds crazy.
I wasn't ready to buy the story my
Bernina dealer told me.

Thanks.

Susan

Old October 2nd 05, 03:27 PM
Doreen

Betsy Ross wrote:
My question is: Could the adapter foot been a bogus knock-off? If so, I
would like to buy a Bernina issue.

Of course the whole thing sounds crazy. I wasn't ready to buy the story
my Bernina dealer told me.

Thanks.

Susan

Susan,

I guess it's possible, although I can't think of any earthly reason why
anyone, especially a Bernina dealer, would be selling an adaptor that
doesn't perform as advertised.

As best I remember, mine was a catalog purchase, probably from
Clothilde. It doesn't have any clear marking...there is one area that
could be a brand but even with a magnifying glass I can't be sure.
Here's a picture showing three sides. Maybe you could print it out and
take it with you next time you look. (This is for my 1230, and should
work with your 1000.)

http://pair.com/threets/adaptor.jpg

Good luck!

Doreen
Old October 2nd 05, 04:47 PM
Ron Anderson

Even the one the Bernina dealer sells is a Generic.
Unless it was defective, as in the little gadget on the top the lever locks
it in to no way it can fail

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine
PO Box 60
Sand Lake, NY 12153
518-469-5133
http://www.a1sewingmachine.com
ink.net...

Old October 4th 05, 04:00 PM
Cappy

It also might depend what model Bernina you have... I have an 830, 1230, and
1630 and all three use different connectors. The 830 and 1230 look very much
the same except the 830 has one protrusion on the top that the lever hooks on to
and the 1230 has two. The top of the 1630 feet looks very different...

This pic, posted by Doreen, http://pair.com/threets/adaptor.jpg , is what I have
for the 830. See at the top left of the "front" picture, there's a little thing
that pokes out to the left? (Tongue? Knob?) And then it's pointing straight
at the camera in the left picture? Looks like a half circle? On my 1230 feet,
there's two of those, one on each side. This page shows that...
http://www.all-sewing-machine-parts....r=&pagesize=50

http://www.jankrentz.com/quarter_inch_foot.htm This foot wouldn't fit any of
my machines because the "lip" in the front, between the two knobs, is solid
instead of "forked." Does that make sense? grin

Here's a pic of another Bernina foot, don't know what it would fit. None of the
older machines...
http://www.bernina.co.uk/accessrs/Feet/pages/Embmod.htm

So there are lots of places that need to match up to make sure you have the
right adapter...

ink.net...

Old October 4th 05, 06:45 PM
Doreen

Cappy wrote:
[...]

But Cappy, the picture I posted is the adaptor that works with every
generic foot I've ever used with my Bernina 1230...five in all, I think.
I agree that this adaptor doesn't have the 'half moon' on the upper
right, but apparently that isn't a necessary feature.

A Google search for "low shank adapter" +Bernina gives several links
that say there are two adapters. This site

http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalo...hine_Feet.html

says
'Ref 8036 Bernina Low Shank Adapter - you will need this version if you
have a Bernina that is older than the more recent 100 series - the 700,
800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1500 or 1600 series. £11.95

Ref 8357 Bernina Low Shank Adapter - you will need this version if you
have a recent Bernina that is from the 100 series - 140,150,160,170,180
or 145, 155 etc. £11.95'

and another site I looked at the other day, I think it was Creative
Feet, had the same information.

So the same adapter would be used for your Bernina and mine, and Susan's
also.

Doreen in Alabama
Old October 4th 05, 08:16 PM
Cappy

OK. I just never tried the single knob-thingy adapter in my 1230 since I had
the double. I happened to find the single at the Bernina booth at the Lancaster
show. They always have a basket of used feet and they had two of those adapters
for $2 each! One for the invisible zipper foot and one for the Big Foot! What
a deal! grin

Good info to have. Hope it helps Susan...

Cappy

"Doreen" wrote in message
ink.net...